Louvre Museum : Best of Louvre & Mona Lisa Guided Tour
Discover the opulence of the Louvre on this guided tour through the many exhibits of the museum. Skip the lines and instead spend your time admiring the vast collections on display, ranging from Egyptian antiquities, Greek and Roman art, sculpture, decorative arts, Islamic, Renaissance, and Modern art.
- Explore the grand assortment of art at the Louvre with facts, stories, and anecdotes from your expert guide on this guided tour of the Louvre.
- Skip the long lines for entry and spend the time you have saved in admiring the endless galleries of exhibits.
- Make the most of your time inside the Louvre on this tour designed to showcase all the major highlights in the museum - from the Mona Lisa to The Venus de Milo, Liberty Leading the People, Michelangelo's The Dying Slave and the Rebellious Slave and much more.
- Once the tour is over, you can wander through the exhibits at your own pace since your ticket gives you all-day access to the museum.
- This guided tour is perfect for first-time visitors to the Louvre, as well as those looking for an in-depth glimpse into the rich history of art and culture on display.
- Louvre Museum skip-the-line tickets
- Guided tour with an expert guide
- All-day Louvre access after the tour
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
This experience cannot be cancelled, amended or rescheduled.
Witness the Magnificence of the Louvre
Skip the lines and head straight inside the Louvre, where your expert guide will show you the many wonders that are ensconced in this illustrious museum. Housed in the Louvre Palace, the museum boasts of an incredible 38,000 pieces on display, from prehistory to modern times. Originally the residence of the French royal family, the Louvre was repurposed to display the royal collection once Louis XIV chose to move his residence to the Versailles Palace. You can still see some vestiges of its regal past in the architecture of the museum and its surroundings.
Wander from gallery to gallery accompanied by your tour guide, who will tell you the history behind such famous objects on display as “The Raft of Medusa” by Theodore Gericault, Nike of Samothrace, and the Venus de Milo. The tour has been designed such that it showcases the best of what the Louvre has to offer in the 1.5 - 2 hours that you spend there. You can learn more about the museum and some of its unique exhibits, such as Napoleon’s living quarters and the world-renown Mona Lisa. Admire the paintings of the Old Masters, such as Rubens, Raphael, Velasquez, Caravaggio, Vermeer, Titian, Rembrandt, Da Vinci, and many others, as well as artworks that are central to French History, such as Jacques-Louis David’s “The Coronation of Napoleon,” and Delacroix’s “Liberty Leading the People”, both powerful images that have been thoroughly ingrained into the public consciousness.
Marvel at the Louvre’s extensive collection of ancient historical objects, such as their Egyptian galleries which showcase the 12-ton Great Sphinx of Tanis and a colossal statue of Rameses II; the Ancient Greek and Roman wings which house 2000-year-old exhibits like the Winged Victory of Samothrace and the Venus de Milo; and the many Neoclassical, Renaissance and Modern art galleries. Learn about the significance of the exhibits and the dense cultural history contained in the Louvre from your guide, who will regale you with anecdotes and facts about these priceless treasures of human expression. Later, after the tour, you can roam the museum at your own pace, since the ticket grants you all-day access to the Louvre. A perfect treat for art aficionados everywhere, this experience is sure to enchant you and change the way you view the world forever!
know before you go
- Your complimentary walking tour code will be sent to you after you complete the booking for Skip the Line Louvre Museum Guided Tour.
- There may be a short queue at the Priority Access entrance, but it is still much shorter than the one at the Museum's normal entrance.
Timings and Availability
This guided tour is 1.5 - 2 hours long. You must meet up with your guide at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. The museum is open during the following hours:-
- Monday : 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Tuesday : Closed
- Wednesday : 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Thursday : 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Friday : 09:00 AM - 10:00 PM
- Saturday : 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
- Sunday : 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Once the tour is over, you can spend as much time exploring the Louvre as you like.
Please be advised that the tour will be conducted in English.
Since the tour will cover a fair amount of ground in 1.5 - 2 hours, we recommend you put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease.
Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your Louvre skip-the-line guided tour mobile voucher will be emailed to you shortly. You may display the voucher on your mobile device with a valid photo ID to your guide at the meeting point.
The exact meeting point information will be present on the confirmation voucher. Please follow the directions carefully to locate your meeting point on the day of the experience.
- By train: Get off at the Palais-Royal Musée du Louvre (lines 1 and 7) or the Pyramides (line 14)
- By bus: Catch bus no. 21, 24, 27, 39, 48, 68, 69, 72, 81, 95 to the Louvre.