Hurtle high above a scenic forest canopy on one of the world's longest Flying Foxes, right in the heart of Nelson.
- Enjoy a scenic ride combined with a dash of adventure.
- Experience the thrill of speeding up to 100 km per hour.
- Learn about the facts and stories about the area from your guides.
- Enjoy the thrilling ride in both forward and backward directions.
- Transfers through the park to the Skywire
- Return ride on the Skywire
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Start off with a 4 km ride in a comfortable minibus to the launch platform of the Skywire, set 300 meters above the base cafe. On the way, your guides will regale you with interesting facts and stories about the park as well the surrounding areas.
The Skywire takes up to 4 people at a time, securely strapped to a 5-point harness in individual racing car style seats. Enjoy 10 minutes of thrilling experience as you cover a 700 meters journey in each direction, reaching up to speeds of 100 km per hour and 800 meters of gravity-assisted freewheeling in each direction. The backward trip to the starting point is considered a highlight by many people.
know before you go
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- This activity requires a minimum height of 1.2 meters.
- All children under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- This activity is wheelchair accessible.
- The Skywire is a weather-dependent activity and does not operate during heavy rain or high winds.
Cable Bay Adventure Park Timings
- Daily from 10am to 4pm (extended hours in summer)
- Closed on 25 Dec
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the redemption point.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Cable Bay Adventure Park.
- Address: 194 Cable Bay Road, Nelson 7071, New Zealand.
The Park is 14km north of the Nelson CBD, drive north towards Picton for 12km then turn left onto Cable Bay road. Drive for 2km and you will find the Cable Bay Adventure Park on the right-hand side - look for the flags and signs.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.