Castel del Monte Admission Ticket
Explore the majestic 13th-century castle and citadel, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that flawlessly combines cultural elements from northern Europe, the Muslim world and classical antiquity.
- Marvel at the mathematical and astronomical precision of the octagonal-shaped castle.
- Watch the distinctive color contrasts featured by the octagonal courtyard.
- Admire the beautiful interior decorations, including delicate mosaics.
- Visit some of the towers to see the cisterns that used to collect rainwater.
- Admission to Castel del Monte
- Audio Guide
- Live Guide
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Standing proudly atop a rocky hill in Andria, the castle built on the orders of Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II may give a stoically remote appearance. However, once upon a time it stood just off the main route and was an essential communication network between the two important settlements of Andria and Garagnone (near Gravina). Built with staggering mathematical precision with the number eight as the primary focus, the castle also beautifully blends the cultural elements from northern Europe, the Muslim world, and classical antiquity. The unique design and architecture are a testament to the educational and cultural vision of its founder. From defensive function and royal residence to a destination of entertainment and display - the intended use of this stately structure still remains a point of debate.
Wander through the octagonal castle, with its eight towers built from the local limestone. Sixteen trapezoidal rooms, eight on each floor, feature cross-vaulted ceilings and beautiful keystones that display human figures, animals, and plants. Although the majority of the carvings have been lost, what remains is still worth seeing, and indicates a wealth of rich mosaics, majolica tiles, pâte de verre, and wall paintings in the past. Visit the Falcone’s Tower to see two corbels carved in the form of human figures, and you can see the fragment of a floor mosaic in the eighth room on the ground floor. The symbolism behind this unique blend of geometry and culture will leave you with an intriguing sense of mystery.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Daily except for Tuesdays
- Time slots are available every 60 minutes from 9 AM to 5 PM
- Mandatory, starting from August 6, 2021: Participants over 12 years of age must present, together with the ID Card, their EU Green Pass or their own country document to prove one of the following: to have received full vaccination; to have received first vaccination at least 15 days ago; to have had COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months; to have a negative test made no more than 48 hours before the activity. Those who will not present the required documents, will not be entitled to any refund.
- This attraction is wheelchair, pram/stroller accessible.
- Small pets are allowed only in carriers.
- Photography is allowed.
Children under 17 go free. EU citizens aged 18-25 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at: Castel Del Monte.
- Address: Castel del Monte, 76123 Andria BT, Italy.
From the A14 motorway take the Bari exit, or from State Road 16 take the Bari centro exit.
From Central Station: Take AMTAB urban line n.20 which stops in P.zza Massari, near the Castle.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.