Krakow: River Cruise with Audio Guide & Płaszów Concentration Camp Guided Tour
Experience Krakow from the waters of the Vistula River on a boat cruise with an audio guide. This will lead to a respectful guided tour of a former WWII Płaszów Concentration Camp.
- Enjoy the attractions of Krakow in this panoramic boat cruise with an audio guide. Arrive at the Podgórze district where your guide will take you on an insightful tour of the former WWII Krakow-Płaszów concentration camp.
- The first part of this tour involves cruising along the Vistula River – the biggest river in Poland. Your catamaran boat has a modern sound system, heated deck and comfortable leather sofas for a comfortable experience at all times – even on cold days.
- You’ll see the Wawel castle complex that includes the Castle, Cathedral and a legendary fire-breathing statue of a dragon.
- A UNESCO Heritage site, the Castle is a wonderful mix of different architectural styles like the Cathedral and a beloved gem of Krakow.
- Reach the Krakow-Płaszów concentration camp in the suburbs and meet your guide who’ll educate you about the dark and cruel history of this WWII camp.
- You’ll learn about the hard labor carried out, the deportation of Jews in 1942, and stand in humble respect of the silent monuments – the only parts left of the camp today.
- One-way short cruise on the Vistula River on a catamaran
- English audio guide on boat
- Experienced English-speaking guide at the Plaszow concentration camp
- Tram ticket
- Return transfer from the Płaszów camp after the tour
- Meals and drinks
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Experience the royal city of Krakow aboard a boat cruise and then venture into a former WWII concentration camp with an experienced guide.
Boat Ride along the Vistula River
Your catamaran boat ride along the Vistula River includes a modern sound system – from which you’ll hear an informative audio guide about the surrounding attractions – a heated deck, and comfortable leather sofas that make this experience worthwhile even during cold weather. Enjoy beautiful views from the open platform as you pass by Krakow’s finest buildings. The Wawel Castle is one of Krakow’s top attractions and the complex includes a Cathedral and a fire-breathing dragon statue. A grand amalgamation of different styles of architecture from the Gothic columns to Romanesque and Renaissance elements, this monument is also the first UNESCO-listed Heritage site in the world.
Krakow-Płaszów Concentration Camp
After reaching the suburbs of Krakow, meet your licensed guide who’ll take you on a walking tour of the former WWII Krakow-Płaszów concentration camp. Learning about the dark history and cruel past of this camp is sure to be heavy and enlightening at the same time. A quote by Holocaust survivor Dan Gillerman goes: “As the generation of Holocaust survivors and liberators dwindles, the torch of remembrance, or bearing witness, and of education must continue forward’.
See the silent monuments dedicated to the memory of the Holocaust victims and learn about how great and terrible the influence of Nazi rule was in this area. Your guide will illustrate how the deportation of Jews from the Krakow ghetto – in 1942 – proceeded and show you different parts of the camp. Intensive labor was expected here and carried out at the quarry and military factories. Gain an in-depth look into what camp life must have been like – the crimes that were carried out in a now peaceful suburb of Poland – and pay respectful tribute to the victims.
know before you go
- River Cruise: 30 minutes
- Route to Płaszow: 30 minutes
- Walk with guide: 1.5 hours
- Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- Photography is allowed.
- Mon, Wed, Fri & Sun: 2pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the scheduled tour time to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at: Smocza 2.
- Address: Smocza 2, 31-069 Kraków, Poland.
- Look for a person with a ‘Cracow Boat’ sign.
- The closest tram station is Wawel, a 5-min walk to the meeting point.
- Trams 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 13, 14, 18, 20, 24, 50, 64, and 74 will get you here.
- The closest bus stop is the Stradom, a 9-min walk to the meeting point.
- Bus 904 will get you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.