Florence Duomo: Skip the Line Tour with Cupola Climb
Visit the Duomo, the majestic Renaissance basilica that towers over the city of Florence. Climb to the top of the cupola to get spectacular views of the city and pick up fascinating facts about the cupola's history. After the tour, feel free to explore the interiors of the Duomo and the Opera museum before heading home.
- Enjoy reserved access to the Duomo Cupola - one of the tallest vantage points of Florence and an icon of the city.
- With the help of a licensed guide, learn fascinating facts about the Duomo Cupola and climb to its top.
- Small group size to ensure a private and engrossing experience.
- Enjoy unlimited time inside the Duomo and its museum after your 1-hour guided tour of the Cupola.
Witness the Glory of the Florence Duomo
Visit the Florence Duomo and enjoy reserved access to the iconic Cupola on this 1-hour guided tour. Once you’ve met your guide, you will be led past the ticket line and the group will head straight for the Duomo Cupola. The climb to the Cupola and the unparalleled views of the city from the top are the highlights of this experience. Built by Filippo Brunelleschi, this red dome was the largest in the world in its time and soon became a symbol of Florence.
Throughout your tour of the Duomo Cupola, you will be accompanied by a licensed English-speaking guide who will share fascinating insights about the Cupola, the Duomo and its jaw-dropping architecture. From your unique vantage point at the Cupola, you will be able to see the entire city of Florence. This trip to the top of the Duomo includes a 463-step climb to the top. On your way up, you will also get to marvel at the stunning Duomo interiors, including a chance to see Vasari's Last Judgment up close. While inside the Cupola, your guide will also give you first-hand information about the Cathedral which you can easily spot from inside the Cupola or from the access entrance itself.
After your guided tour of the Cupola, you are given free access to explore the Duomo at your own pace. The Duomo sits on the site of the 7th-century Church of Santa Reparata. This vast Gothic structure showcases the best of 13th and 15th-century architecture and took over 150 years to complete. A statue of each of the architects, Arnolfo di Cambio and Filippo Brunelleschi, can be found right outside the cathedral in admiration to their work.
- Reserved entry to the Duomo
- Access to climbing the cupola
- Professional guide (only for Cupola and not Duomo)
- Small groups
- Guided tour of the Dome, Cathedral, Crypt, Baptistery, Bell Tower, and the museum
Know Before You Go
Timings and Availability
This tour departs daily at 2 PM and it lasts for 1 hour.
When visiting the Florence Duomo, please ensure that the knees and shoulders are covered for both men and women. Caps and hats should not be worn inside as well. The climb to the top of the cupola takes 463 steps with no elevator access. Make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
Entry for children between the ages of 0-5 year is free of charge.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- Your Florence Duomo Cupola mobile voucher will be sent to your email instantly. Please display your voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.
The 72-hour window for visiting monuments begins from the selected date listed on your ticket.