Werribee Zoo Tickets
Visit the renowned Werribee Open Range Zoo, and transport yourself to the African Savannah, where you can see rhinos, lions, and cheetahs up close!
- Go on an unforgettable safari ride through Australia’s Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Explore the savannah and feel as if you are taking a safari through the wilderness of Africa
- Tour the zoo and see leopards, hippos, zebras, waterbucks, ostrich, and a host of other animals
- Get a chance to go right up to rhinos and giraffes while on the sightseeing bus
- A guide will accompany you on the safari and offer insight into the region and its many rare animals
- See wild animals in their natural habitat as they catch their prey right in front of your eyes
- Little dino lovers will enjoy visiting Zoorassic, home to ten giant animatronic dinosaurs (only open until April 2021)
- Entry into Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Guided bus tour
- Entry into Zoorassic (only until the end of April 2021)
- Transport to and from Werribee Open Range Zoo
- Entry into Zoorassic (open only until the end of April 2021)
polizza di cancellazione
Questi biglietti non possono essere cancellati o riprogrammati.
Located about 32 kilometers to the southwest of Melbourne, Werribee Open Range Zoo was opened in 1983 and is known for its numerous exhibits featuring animals rarely found in the wild in Australia. Stroll through the zoo at your own pace, spotting wild African animals such as lions, zebra, rhinoceros, and hippopotamus on the African River Trail.
When you get on the safari, you will go through different geographical regions, and see the flora and fauna change throughout. Your guide will talk about the zoo, and how they manage to imitate the flora and fauna found in Africa. You will get a chance to see the Southern White Rhinoceros, the largest of the rhino families up close, and spot camels. Fun fact: camels were first imported to the country from Pakistan and India in the mid-1800s, and Australia now has the world’s largest population of wild camels. Along the way, you will also get to see giraffes, addax, nyala, bison, ostriches, and more. There are several small lakes in the zoo where you will find hippos wallowing in the water as they attempt to escape the heat. Don't miss out on exploring Zoorassic in the Werribee River Trail - you'll find here ten ancient animatronic giants, perfect for dino lovers!
Booking a late session?
The free safari bus will not be running but there will be entertainers for you to enjoy around the zoo! We recommend bringing a picnic rug, a cheese platter, and enjoying the afternoon sunshine.
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Physical contact will be discouraged. There are social distancing indicators within the queuing area
- Additional staff will be available for disinfection of public area touch areas
- Hand sanitizer will be available at key locations for staff and visitors
- No cash transactions
- Masks are mandatory indoors in Victoria. They need to be worn anytime you are inside apart from when you’re eating or drinking
- Click here to learn more about the safety measures put in place by Zoos Victoria
- You will receive your tickets within 24 to 48 hours of making the booking
- The tour is wheelchair accessible
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult at the zoo
- Visitors of all ages (including babies) will now need a pre-booked ticket to enter the zoo. This applies to weekdays, weekends, public holidays, and school holidays
- Do not feed any of the animals with human food during the safari
- Follow the advice of the tour guide and drivers to avoid any mishaps or injury during the safari
- Indoor habitats and indoor play spaces are open with capacity limits except for Bandicoot Hideout, which will remain closed
- Safari buses are running with limited capacity (day sessions only). Don't forget your face mask. Evening bus sessions are not running at the moment
- You can bring a picnic to the zoo if you wish. Please keep sharp knives at home and try and minimize bringing glassware, but everything else is fine to bring. If you need to pop out to your car to get your picnic at lunchtime, make sure you let the friendly gate staff know so they can let you back into the zoo as your ticket will not work once it has been scanned
- Note: Animals have access to their night dens during this time and the zoo doesn't want to disrupt their routine so some animals may choose to hit the hay early
- Day sessions: Daily from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Late sessions: Daily from 3:00 PM - 8:00 AM (no entry before 3 PM and after 6:30 PM)
- Children under 16 receive free entry on weekends, Victorian public holidays, and Victorian Government school holidays
- Admissions for infants under the age of 3 are free every day
- Reduced-price tickets are also available for anyone with a valid Australian Pensioner Concession Card, full-time student card, Healthcare Card, Disability Concession Card, or DVA Gold Card
i miei biglietti
You will receive your Werribee Open Range Zoo Entry Ticket mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please print this voucher and display it along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Ticket Redemption Point
Werribee Open Range Zoo, K Rd, Werribee South VIC 3030
Take a train from the Central Business District of Melbourne to Werribee station. Then take the bus 439 Werribee South all the way to the zoo.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout