Rotorua Highlights Small Group Tour from Auckland
Take this customizable small group guided tour with optional extras to walk you through the key highlights of Rotorua city from Auckland. Spend a day discovering the marvels of the world-renowned geothermal and Maori culture.
- Enjoy a small group guided tour through Rotorua which is an unmissable highlight while traveling to New Zealand.
- Start your tour from Auckland, New Zealand’s biggest city, and make your way to Waikato as you marvel at the beautiful scenery and listen to your guide speak about some of the city’s top highlights.
- At Waikato, soak in the extensive farming area and encounter great photo opportunities.
- As you continue your journey to Rotorua, pass through the Tirau, also known as the ‘Corrugated Iron Capital of the World.’
- At Rotorua, visit the magical green and blue colored Rotorua lake, famous for its geothermal activities.
- Explore the Government Gardens, a legendary and historical site surrounded by Tudor-style bath house spa, an ornate Mediterranean-style swimming pool with public access, and the ancient bubbling geothermal pools.
- Stop by the Blue baths, the historically famous geothermal spa, and sauna, and visit Rachel Pool, the natural hot spring of alkaline water, which presents a site to behold.
- Entry Tickets to chosen activities
- Small group guided Tour
- Hotel transfers
- Bottled Water
- Te Puia with Māori Cultural Performance (optional)
- Hangi Lunch (optional)
- Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal (optional)
- Polynesian Spa
- Skyline Gondola
You can cancel these tickets up to 24 hours before the experience begins and get a full refund.
Spend the day exploring the magical sites formed by geothermal springs. This small group tour ensures you experience the Rotorua highlights to the maximum with optimal exposure. With a short time on your hands, explore all the prominent sites around the place to discover the history and the contemporary unmissable spots. This is a customizable tour with options that can fit your entertainment needs!
Start your adventure in Auckland, as you get driven by the guide. Get insights into the various highlights of New Zealand’s largest city as you pass them. Moving towards the south arrive at Waikato, the beautiful countryside. This area holds the most farms in New Zealand and is filled with green fields, farm animals, rivers, hills, and a nature-loving lifestyle. Everywhere you look, encounter exquisite sceneries formed by rivers, hills, and trees that will simply mesmerize you. The hypnotic surroundings of Waikato offer you great photo ops. While you are here, with optional extras, you can grab opportunities like learning about farming techniques or watching them happen in real-time.
As your guided tour progresses, you will find yourself in the fascinating township of Tirau. World famous for its corrugated iron metal structures of ewe, ram, and sheepdog. The city is full of these mighty corrugated structures that are super fun to venture into. You are going to want to take a picture with the giant sheep or have the local delicacies as you stop to shop. It is a small settlement of around 800 people. All in all, get ready to experience cuteness!
Rotorua City Highlights
This is what you have been waiting for! The city of Rotorua. Visit the most beautiful sites held by the city. The multi-color water of Lake Rotorua, historical Rotorua Museum, Government Garden, Rachel Springs, Blue Baths, and more, all await your visit. Try the famous Manuka honey or shop for souvenirs from the gift shop at slashed prices.
Return to Auckland after spending a day getting close to nature and visiting settlements that are serene and beautifully simple. There are a few surprises waiting for you on your return journey.
Extras: Free time and Optional Activities
The tour can be personalized to suit your interests. You can choose to add fascinating sites or activities like Te Puia, Wai-O-Tapu, Polynesian Spa, Agrodome & Skyline, and Gondola. The pick-ups and Drop off are available for each spot you choose. Use your free time to thoroughly enjoy your experience.
know before you go
know before you go
- The tour runs only if at least four people have registered, and a maximum of 16 people participate in a group.
- Optional extra activities available for purchase include: Te Puia with Māori Cultural Performance, and/ or Hangi Lunch, Wai-O-Tapu Geothermal Wonderland, Polynesian Spa, Skyline Gondola, and Agrodome.
- Daily: 7am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID during the pick-up.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- In the next step of booking, please select the name of your hotel.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel.