Dubrovnik Old Town & Game of Thrones Walking Tour
This 2-hour guided tour will take you through all the filming locations from Game of Thrones plus you get to discover Dubrovnik Old Town’s history too. What’s more, at the end of the tour, you leave with an epic photo while seated on a replica of the Iron Throne!
- Visit the capital of the Seven Kingdoms from Game of Thrones and check out its filming locations
- Enter King’s Landing and see the Red Keep, Blackwater Bay, the Great Sept of Baelor, and more
- Learn about the actual history of Dubrovnik Old Town and see its most famous landmarks
- This includes Onofrio’s Fountain, the Franciscan Monastery, and the Dubrovnik Cathedral
- Enjoy the company of an expert guide, who will give you insider information on all that you see
- At the end of your tour you will be able to take a photograph while sitting on a replica of the Iron Throne
- Entrance fees to the Lovrijenac Fortress
- Picture on the Iron Throne
- Expert local guide
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities to the guide
flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48h before the schedule
Whether you’re a hardcore Game of Thrones fan or just curious about Dubrovnik’s fascinating history, this tour is perfect for you. Meet your friendly local guide at the Pile Gate, listen to the brief introduction, and begin your journey into King’s Landing (Dubrovnik Old Town). Start by seeing Onofrio’s Fountain, one of Dubrovnik’s most famous landmarks. It was built 500 years ago and was badly damaged during the great earthquake of 1667. Its water is still drinkable, though! Next up is the Franciscan Monastery, a large complex home to a monastery, a church, a library, and a pharmacy. Fun fact: the Friars Minor Pharmacy is the third oldest functioning pharmacy in the entire world.
Continue onwards to the Baroque church of St. Blaise, the patron saint of Dubrovnik. See the 15th-century Orlando’s column. Legend has it that it was the armored knight Orlando who helped the people of old Dubrovnik (Ragusa) defeat invaders in the Middle Ages. At Sponza Palace, enter the Memorial Room, which displays a heartbreaking collection of portraits of people who perished during the battle for Dubrovnik. Check out Dubrovnik Cathedral, whose roots date back to the 7th century.
All through your tour, your guide will combine Dubrovnik’s actual history with stories of Game of Thrones filming spots. Fans will get to see iconic locations such as the Red Keep (Fort Lovrijenac), Blackwater Bay (Dubrovnik West Pier), the place where Cersei’s Walk of Shame took place (The Jesuit Staircase), and more. At the end of the tour, your guide will take you to the certified Game of Thrones shop, where you will get a chance to have a picture while seated on an exact replica of the Iron Throne.
know before you go
- This tour involves plenty of walking. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes
Mon, Tues, Thu & Fri at 2:00 PM
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide infront of Amerling's Fountain, on Pile Square
- This is located just outside the Old Town and Pile Gate. Your guide will be holding a Traveljaz sign
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Amerling Fountain
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Most local buses stop at Pile Bus Stop (except bus #7), as this is located in the near vicinity of the main entrance to Dubrovnik’s Old Town. The meeting point is a few minutes away from the bus stop
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout