Wawel Hill & Wawel Castle: Surroundings Tour with Audio Guide
Discover one of Poland’s most incredible 14th-century architectural gems on your tour of Wawel Royal Hill!
- Walk the halls and chambers that were once occupied by Polish royals.
- Learn about the rich history of this UNESCO site as you explore the castle with an audio guide.
- Meet the magnificent Wawel Dragon, one of the most famous dragons in Polish folklore.
- Instructor to help you with the audio equipment
- Audio-guided tour of Wawel Hill and Wawel Castle
- Live tour guide
- Entry ticket to Wawel Castle and other paid exhibitions inside
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
A castle that served as the abode of Poland’s kings for centuries, the castle on Wawel Hill is amongst the most treasured heritage sites in the country. The castle is divided into several chambers including the State Rooms, ‘The Lost Wawel’ exhibition, the oriental art exhibition, the Royal Gardens, and Dragon’s Den. It also houses an impressive array of artistic masterpieces at an art museum within its walls. These include several Italian Renaissance paintings, sculptures, textiles, furniture, and armor sets from the medieval age.
Originating in Polish mythology, the Wawel Dragon or Smok Wawelski is an especially popular sight on Wawel Royal Hill. You can see the dragon depicted as a massive fire-breathing metal statue in front of one of the several limestone caves that dot the hill. Soak in brilliant panoramic views of Cracow and the Tatra Mountains before ending your tour.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- Entrance for Wawel Cathedral & other exhibitions in Wawel Castle must be paid additionally on your own.
- This tour is wheelchair, pram/stroller accessible.
- Guide dogs may accompany you. Other pets are not allowed.
- This tour is accessible by pregnant women.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem the tickets directly at the ticketing office at Tourist Information Grodzka 52A.
- Address: Grodzka 52-46, 31-006 Kraków, Poland.
- The Tourist Information Point is right next to church- Saints Peter and Paul Church.
- The closest tram stop is św. Gertrudy, a 5-min walk to the attraction.
- Trams 6, 8, 13 & 18 will get you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.