Entry Tickets to Museum of Communism in Prague
Get a glimpse of life in Communist-era Czechoslovakia at the Museum of Communism through a carefully curated collection of posters, short videos, and photographs.
- Learn about several aspects of life in the communist era from daily life and politics to sports and education.
- Take a look at the personal collections of the leading Czech photographers.
- Explore authentic mock-ups of a school classroom, an interrogation room, a child's bedroom, and more.
- Watch short films and a documentary at the cinema in the museum to better understand the history of communism.
- Did you know that Milada Horáková, Czech politician and member of underground resistance during WWII, was the only woman who was officially given a death sentence?
- Entry to the Museum of Communism
- Guided tour
Vous pouvez annuler ces billets jusqu’à 24 heures avant le début de l’expérience et bénéficiez d’un remboursement complet.
Get a deep insight into the Communist era at the Museum of Communism, housing 62 panels divided into thematic sections. They shed light on the totalitarian regime that lasted from the February putsch in 1948 till the Velvet Revolution in 1989. Your learning experience will be enhanced through artifacts, posters, personal collections of leading Czech photographers, and short videos depicting the life of people at that time. The photographic material is also sourced from the Archive of the Czech News Agency, the Security Services Archive, and the Archive of the Association of Forced Military Camp Laborers.
Visit the Cinema
At regular intervals of 20 minutes, you can watch the documentary film A Time of Shame, Silence, and Hope by Josef Císařovský about the period from 1969 to 1989.
know before you go
know before you go
Flash photography is prohibited.
Daily: 9am - 8pm.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction. Students must show a valid student ID.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Museum of Communism.
- Address: V Celnici 1031/4, 118 00 Nové Město, Czechia.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- The closest bus stop is Náměstí Republiky. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board buses 207, 905, 907, 909, and 911 to get you there.
- The closest tram stop is Náměstí Republiky. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the attraction.
- Board trams 1, 2, 6, 8, 15, 26, 90, 91, 94, and 96 to get you there.