Meteora Express Tour
Don't miss out on this opportunity to visit Meteora while in Greece. Join the daily tour departing from Kalambaka's Train Station and explore nature's unresolved mysteries and unexplained miracles. Uncover the secrets of the UNESCO World Heritage listed Meteora monasteries, perched immovably on spectacular cliff formations.
- Make your way through the gorgeous Greek landscapes in a comfortable VIP minibus.
- Learn the ancient history of the monasteries from an expert and enthusiastic local guide.
- Admire the beauty of all the 6 monasteries, and even enter 3.
- Cover all the prominent sights, especially if you have limited time.
- Get some time to explore the lovely town of Kalampaka on your own, after the drop-off at the train station.
- Local English speaking guide
- Transfer with a luxury VIP minibus
- Pickup and drop off at Kalampaka’s train station
- Seeing all 6 monasteries, and entering 3
- Free Wi-Fi on the bus
- Includes all taxes
- Train tickets
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to every monastery (3 EUR per person)
- Guide inside the monasteries
- Gratuities (optional)
- Audio guide
- Hotel transfers
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
As you reach Kalampaka by train - admiring the breathtaking Greek countryside on the ride - you will find your tour guide waiting for you outside the station. Aboard a luxurious Limo VIP minibus and head towards one of the most popular UNESCO World Heritage sites, and one of Greece’s most visited destinations.
As you feel the sanctity of the monasteries pervading through you, your expert local guide will divulge all the history, myths and ancient secrets around them. Not only will you get the chance to soak in the beauty of all the six monasteries, you will also get to marvel at three of them from within. After the tour concludes at 5pm, the minibus will take you back to the Kalampaka train station. You will have about an hour before your train departs at 5:15pm; feel free to take the chance to explore the town on foot, enjoy a bite in a nearby cafe, or just sit back and capture the memories of Meteora in photos.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Start Time: 11:30am (from Kalampaka's Train Station) Return Time: 4pm (to the town of Kalampaka)
- This tour does not include train tickets to Meteora but the tour will begin from Kalambaka train station, the bus is scheduled for pick up at this time.
- The tour duration is for 4 hours and will include pick up from the Kalambaka station and drop off in the town of Kalambaka.
- The tour is accessible by prams or strollers, but not by wheelchairs.
- You are allowed to bring outside food and drinks.
- You can take photos, but flash photography and tripods are not allowed.
There is a strict dress code to enter the Meteora monasteries. Men must wear trousers, while women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders (long skirts are available at the entrance of each monastery).
Infants aged 3 and under go free. Children aged 4-15 enjoy reduced ticket prices (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your tour guide.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo. ID proof for verification.
- Meet your tour guide at Kalampaka’s train station.
- Address : Kalabaka 422 00, Greece
You can catch a train from -
- Athens (departs at 07:20am)
- Thessaloniki (departs at 08:18am)
- Volos (departs at 08:37am)
- Neoi Poroi (departs at 09:28am)
- Larissa (departs at 09:54am)
The tour leader will be waiting for you at the Kalampaka railway station holding a signboard with your name.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.