Puffing Billy Railway Belgrave to Lakeside Return Tickets
Admire scenic views of forests, fern gullies, and farmlands as you take the Puffing Billy Railway from Belgrave to Lakeside!
Lo más Destacado
- Experience traveling in Australia's finest preserved steam railways
- Watch as guards wave at you, and listen to the tinkling of the bells as trains arrive at each station
- Catch sight of the Sherbrooke Forest and the famous Trestle Bridge, on the way to Lakeside station
- Spend some time exploring the walking trails here or enjoy a picnic before heading back to Belgrave
Dating back to 1899, the Puffing Billy Railway is Australia's finest preserved steam railways. It's also the best way to take a break from the hectic city life of Melbourne and set off on a journey down the times of yore! This experience is made all the more authentic thanks to the guards waving at you as the train departs each station, and the sound of the bells that mark the arrival and departure of trains. Adding to this charming experience is the fact that you get to see stunning landscape views around you as you travel through the Australian countryside, past rolling hills, forests, and farmlands.
See everything from the southern reaches of the Sherbrooke Forest (famous for its native 'Mountain Ash' trees, and the tallest flowering plant in the world!) to Puffing Billy's most famous landmark - the iconic Trestle Bridge. After an hour's journey, you will reach Lakeside station, located at the beautiful Emerald Lake Park. Home to Lake Treganowan, Lake Nobelius, gardens, and open eucalypt forests, it is best known for its many walking trails, paddleboats, picnic tables, shelters, and two playgrounds!
- Round-trip ticket from Belgrave to Lakeside
- All taxes
- Personal consumption and any expenses not mentioned above
- Insurance (it is recommended to purchase relevant insurance by yourself)
Know Before You Go
Daily at 10:00 AM, 12:30 PM and 2:45 PM
Trains from Belgrave to Lakeside return will operate daily from 13 Dec to 31 Jan
- Depart Belgrave at 10:00 AM, arrive Lakeside at 11:00 AM; Depart Lakeside at 12:30 PM, and reach Belgrave by 1:30 PM
- Depart Belgrave at 12:30 PM, arrive Lakeside at 1:30 PM; Depart Lakeside at 2:45 PM, and reach Belgrave by 3:45 PM
- Depart Belgrave at 2:45 PM, arrive Lakeside at 3:45 PM; Depart Lakeside at 4:45 PM, and reach Belgrave by 5:45 PM
Children aged 4-16yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
Get a full refund on canceling the ticket up to 10 days before the schedule
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket counter
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your experience to avoid any delays
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Puffing Billy Railway
- Address: 1 Old Monbulk Rd, Belgrave VIC 3160, Australia
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
By Train: Take the Belgrave line from Melbourne CBD to Belgrave station, which is an approximately 70 minutes long journey. From the platform, follow the blue line to reach Puffing Billy's Belgrave station
Please note, All booking requests are subject to availability. Please bear in mind Puffing Billy has limited departures and capacity and cannot always meet your preferred departure time. Kindly allow up to 48 hours for processing and confirmation of your booking.