Whale Shark Experience
Snorkel alonside gentle, 10-meter whale sharks in Cancun in the company of an expert guide!
- Swimming with whale sharks at Isla Contoy is a must-do activity for the whole family.
- Admire these gentle swimming companions who feed on plankton found in the Caribbean Sea.
- Choose to have your experience conducted in Spanish or English.
- After a round of swimming, head to Isla Mujeres, and spend time unwinding there.
- Expert English or Spanish-speaking guide
- Transportation by van
- Snorkeling equipment: fins, mask, snorkel and life jacket (you can bring your own)
- Snacks and drinks
- COVID-19 safety measures in place
- Alcoholic beverages
- Personal expenses
flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 48 hours before the schedule.
Visiting Cancun is more than just soaking in the sun, or playing on the beach and the sand. The region is also home to amazing ecotourism experiences such as this whale shark tour. There are several places in Riviera Maya where you can go swimming, but on this tour, you will be taken to Isla Contoy, also known as Isla de Los Pájaros. The island paradise is only 8.5 km in length and looks like it is straight out of a movie. It is also protected by the Mexican government and was declared a national park in February 1998.
Spend your time here snorkeling and appreciating the largest fish in the world. You will have expert guides for company, who will lead this educational experience and tell you all about the whale species. Whale sharks migrate to the Caribbean because of the large amount of plankton found in the sea here. After a round of swimming, you will be taken to Isla Mujeres, where you can relax on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Take in the beauty of its turquoise waters, and eat snacks to recharge your batteries.
know before you go
- This tour is wheelchair-accessible.
- Outside food and drinks are allowed.
- Photography is allowed, provided you do not use flash or tripods.
- One day before your tour we will send you by email your exact pick-up time as well as a Healthy Test that we need you to answer and send to us, preferably before the tour to be in time for your pick-up.
What To Bring With You
- Change of clothes
- Flip flops
- Extra money
Children aged 0-13 can go for free. Youths aged 14-17 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of your tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.