Guided Tour of the Ruins of Itálica
Walk back in time as you enter the birthplace of the Emperors Trajan and Hadrian on this half-day trip to Itálica from Seville. See of the largest amphitheaters in the world (featured in Game of Thrones) and visit a medieval monastery.
- Set foot in the birthplace of the legendary emperors Trajan and Hadrian
- Choose between English, Italian, French and Spanish-speaking guides
- Discover the well-preserved ruins of the Roman city of Itálica along with an expert guide
- See the House of Neptune, the Roman Theater, and the amphitheater that featured in Game of Thrones
- Explore the monastery of San Isidoro del Campo, known for its Mudejar, Gothic and Baroque influences
- Tour of the ruins of Itálica and the Monastery of San Isidoro del Campo
- Expert guide (English, Italian, French, or Spanish-speaking)
- Transportation to and from Seville
- Food and drinks
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 48 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Leave Seville by 9:30 AM and make your way to the Roman city of Itálica. In just over 15 minutes, you will reach the nearby town of Santiponce, where more than 2000 years ago the Romans built their first city on the Iberian Peninsula. Your friendly tour guide will revisit its history with you before you enter the city. This is where legendary emperors like Hadrian and Trajan were born.
Stroll through the old Roman streets, mosaics, thermal baths, and houses. A key highlight here is the House of Neptune, named after a mosaic filled with aquatic animals. In the center of this mosaic is Neptune, the god of the sea with his trident. There's also the amphitheater to explore. With a capacity for 25,000 spectators, it is the third-largest in the world and has held several gladiator fights. Fun fact: The amphitheater has featured in the popular Game of Thrones series. It is where the tense meeting with Cersei took place when a white walker was released.
Spend some time admiring the galleries of the building and feel as if you have stepped into ancient Rome. See the famous Roman Theater, which was only discovered in the middle of the 20th century. It is one of the best-preserved in Europe and is still used today for events such as the Santiponce International Dance Festival. From here, head to the Monastery of San Isidoro del Campo. This medieval fortress is home to treasures from the Mudejar, Gothic and Baroque periods, including wall paintings and sculptures. Once you've had your fill of this majestic fortress, make your way back to Seville.
know before you go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- French-Guided Tour
- Italian-Guided Tour
- Children must be always accompanied by an adult
- Make sure to wear comfortable shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- Carry with you the following items to protect yourself from the sun: sunglasses, a sun hat and sunscreen
Ages 0-6yrs enjoy free tickets. Simply display a valid photo ID at the time of pick-up, and get free entry. Ages 7-17yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide at the
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
These collection points will be the same from arrival to the end of the excursion
- Address: Calle Trajano, 6, 41001 Sevilla, Spain
- Address: Hotel Don Paco (Plaza Padre Jerónimo de Córdoba nº4)
- Address: Calle Rastro 12A
- Address: Torre del Oro
This ticket is valid on the date selected during checkout