Walking Tour of Ghosts & Ghouls Old Town Underground in Edinburgh
Discover the dark closes and wynds of Edinburgh on this walking tour through the haunted underground vaults of Blair Street.
- This guided walking tour of the Blair Street Underground Vaults is sure to give you goosebumps
- Walk along the Mercat Cross, where the Edinburgh mob was once known to have surged in riot
- Descend into the eerie underground vaults into dimly-lit caverns for a chilling experience
- Follow your cloaked tour guide, who will set the scene with grisly tales of witchcraft and torture
- Sip on a dram of whiskey at Megget’s cellar as your storyteller continues to fill you in on the chilling tales of Edinburgh
- Fun Fact: Did you know that these underground vaults were originally storage areas and workshops for merchants and shopkeepers? It was abandoned as the area was too damp and gloomy.
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Access to the Blair Street Underground Vaults
- A glass of whiskey/soft drink
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 48 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Embark upon a mysterious ghost tour as you take to the darker corners of Edinburgh on this guided walking tour. Meet your tour guide, dressed for the occasion, and head towards the haunted Blair Street Underground Vaults for a tour that will make your skin crawl. Take your place as a member of the Edingburgh Mob, known to have surged the Mercat Cross in riot.
Listen to ghastly tales of torture, witchcraft, and vengeful spirits as you descend into the underground vaults and follow your cloaked guide. Make your way past the dimly-lit caverns, towards Megget’s cellar for a dram of whiskey to warm the night. Watch your storyteller guide spill more gripping tales of Edingburgh’s ghoulish past, filled with tortured souls that wander across the city’s streets at night.
know before you go
know before you go
- This experience is not suitable for children under 5 years of age.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, so wear comfortable clothing and footwear
- Daily: 7pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point
- If you have purchased reduced-priced tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays
- Your meeting point is Mercat Cross, High Street (High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, United Kingdom)
- This is easily accessible from St. Gile’s Cathedral
- Closest bus stops are Market Street and South Bridge, both 3-minute walks to the meeting point
- Closest train station is Edinburgh Waverley, a 5-minute walk to the meeting point