Buda Castle Cave - English Guided Tour
Delve into history and explore the magnificent natural limestone caverns as you hear interesting facts from your guide.
- With the help of a guide, learn about the 800-year-old man-made cellars and the natural limestone cavers.
- Explore the cave system and hear interesting facts about the cave which is built under the Buda Castle District.
- Learn about the geology of the caves and listen to interesting facts about how the caves were used in earlier times.
- Guided tour
- Audio guide
Diese Tickets können nicht storniert oder verschoben werden.
Take a journey through time and admire the natural limestone caverns and the 800-year-old man-made cellars in one of the most unique caves in Hungary. In this guided tour, not only learn about the geology of the caves but also the co-existence of man and nature and their combined work through centuries. Explore the mystical cave system under the Buda Castle District after a short introduction. During the tour learn about the labyrinth-like cave system which used to serve as wine cellars, bomb shelters, and even medieval prisons.
know before you go
know before you go
- The walking tour takes place in a cave environment on paved roads with lighting.
- The inside temperature is 12°C (54° Fahrenheit), and suitable clothing and comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The tour is recommended from the age of 12.
- Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, and Sat: 11am - 5pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point. Students must show a valid student ID.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Holy Trinity Column / Szentháromság Square.
- Address: 1014 Budapest, Szentháromság tér.
- Landmark: Right next to Matthias Church.
- The closest bus stop is Szentháromság tér. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board buses 16, 16A, 116, 916 to get you there.
- The closest tram stop is Halász utca. It is a quick 10-minute walk to the meeting point.
- Board trams 19, 41, N19 to get you there.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.