Guided Communist Tour Including the Nuclear Bunker
With this guided walking tour, you'll get to experience the dread that life entailed during Prague’s cold war period.
- Get a feel for what life looked like back in the days of communism and the cold war in the Czech Republic.
- This 3-hour guided tour takes you back in time to a dark period in the country's past.
- Your guide will recount tales of cold war refugees, political prisoners, spies, and dissidents.
- You'll walk through the main points in the city connected with the Communist regime.
- Visit Prague's largest nuclear bunker that was built in 1950 to accommodate up to 5,000 people.
- Explore the Nuclear Bunker Museum with its cold war expositions and interesting gasmask workshop.
- This guided tour is available to book in English, Spanish, Italian, and German.
- Expert tour guide
- Round-trip hotel transfers
- Entry into the Museum of Communism, Museum of Cold War (inc Nuclear bunker)
- Walking tour: main points of Velvet Revolution
- Food & drinks
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 48 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Travel back in time to a dark period in the Czech Republic's past: 1948, when the Czech Republic became a Communist country. Learn what it was like to live in a country under communist rule: an era of violence, fear, spying, and paranoia. Your guide will give you glimpses of communist history, sharing cold war stories as you walk through the main points in the city connected with the Communist regime. You'll learn about the biggest statue of Stalin, the former headquarters of the former communist secret police. You'll then visit Prague’s largest nuclear bunker, built in the 1950s to accommodate up to 5,000 people. The museum includes cold war expositions and a gasmask workshop, adding to your knowledge of the totalitarian rule in the Czech Republic for over 40 years.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- Spanish-Guided Tour
- Italian-Guided Tour
- German-Guided Tour
- This tour is wheelchair, pram/stroller accessible.
- Pets, guide dogs, and baggage are allowed on this tour.
- Carry an umbrella or a raincoat on rainy days, as some parts of the tour will be taking place outdoors.
Children aged 4-18 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID while boarding point.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- In the next step of booking, please specify the name and address of your hotel.
- On the day of your tour, please report in front of your hotel 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- Your Headout host will be waiting for you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.