Franz Josef Skydive: 10,000ft, 13,000ft, 16,500ft or 20,000ft
Freefall anywhere between 30 to 85 seconds from an incredible height of 10,000ft to 20,000ft over the Franz Josef Glacier as you skydive with an experienced diver.
- Experience the thrill of tandem skydiving from 10,000 ft all the way to 20,000ft up in the air with an experienced skydiver accompanying you, before you float your way back safely to the ground under your parachute.
- Feel the surge of adrenaline as you freefall for a whole 30 to 85 seconds at an incredible speed of 200kph/120mph.
- As you float over the Franz Josef Glacier, you will get to see mirror lakes, pristine glaciers, the stunning rainforest, and much more.
- Customise your experience using the four ticket options that allow you to select the height from which you would like to skydive.
- Fun fact: The Franz Josef Glacier is the fastest-moving glacier in New Zealand, literally! It has been recorded to move close to 4 meters each day, which makes this landform so unique.
- Tickets to skydive in Franz
- Choose to skydive between 10,000ft - 20,000ft
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 24 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Whether you are a thrill-seeker or enjoy the occasional tinge of adrenaline or simply like things laid back, this experience is simply one of those things that must make it on your bucket list. Tandem skydiving will allow you to have a truly unique experience, one that will cherish for a long time coming.
In this experience, you will get to experience a 30 to 85-second freefall from a height between 10,000ft - 20,0000ft over the picturesque Franz Josef Glacier, which is also a Te Wahipounamu World Heritage Area. As you glide over the glacier, you will get to see that it is home to many lakes and river beds, a beautiful rainforest, and much more for the eyes to feast on. The Franz Josef glacier is also the steepest and fastest moving of its kind, moving up to a recorded 4 meters each day.
Since you will be accompanied by an experienced skydiver, you can be assured of a safe experience, complete with a harness and a parachute system. You also have four different options to choose from depending on what height you would like to skydive from.
know before you go
know before you go
- The maximum weight limit is 100kg.
- The limit can sometimes be increased to 120kg depending on the Tandem Master on that day of the experience along with the weather conditions. A surcharge may also apply.
- Parental or guardian consent is required for anyone under the age of 18.
- Children under 12 should be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the redemption point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point well in advance before the scheduled time of your activity to avoid any delays.
- Show your ticket at Skydive Franz.
- Address: Franz Josef Glacier Base, 69 Cron Street, Franz Josef / Waiau 7886, New Zealand.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The closest bus stop is Franz Josef 58 On Cron Motel. It is a quick 1-minute walk to the attraction.
- Intercity buses will get you there.
- Take route 'New Zealand State Highway 6' and drive onto the Cron Street to reach the attraction.