Witness an intriguing new take on Company, a fabulous collection of short vignettes set to Sondheim’s memorable music, which broke all records by being nominated for fourteen (and winning six) Tony Awards!
Diese Tickets können nicht storniert oder verschoben werden.
why you should watch company
Drama Desk and Tony Award-winning playwright George Furth wrote a set of eleven single-act stories for Kim Stanley. When director Anthony Perkins asked Sondheim to read the material, he, alongside producer Harold Prince, felt that the eleven plays could potentially be combined into an excellent musical, centred around the idea of upper-middle class marriages in New York. This version of Company features Tony Award-winning actress Katrina Lenk of The Band’s Visit fame. She will be heading the cast along with Patti LuPone and Matt Doyle. Marianne Elliott, who is well-known for directing Angels in America and War Horse, takes the helm as the director of the 2020 Company revival. The show will open at the Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre on 22 March, in honor of Sondheim’s 90th birthday.
It is Bobby’s 35th birthday, and she has no idea what to wish for as she cuts the birthday cake and blows out the candles. She is plagued by uncertainty; should she find someone and settle down? Her friends constantly bombard her with difficult questions. Why is she not married yet? Isn’t she too late to start a family? Bobby begins attending a series of dinner parties and dates, hoping to learn the pros and cons of marriage. Each vignette is filled with brilliant music and peppered with just the right amount of humour. The show attempts to demonstrate how simply living in a city like New York, married or otherwise, is a frustrating endeavour!
Fans of Stephen Sondheim | Lovers of Romantic Comedies
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All guests must wear a properly fitting mask over the nose and mouth in the theatre except when eating or drinking in designated areas.
Duration: 2hr 45min with 1 intermission
No. of Shows a Week: ~ 8
Opening Date: 2 March 2020
Closing Date: 20 November 2022
Theatre Name: Bernard B Jacobs Theatre
Theatre Facilities: Accessible toilets, wheelchair access
Dress Code: Smart casual
Cast and Creatives
- The theatre opens to seating 30 minutes prior to curtain time.
- You will receive an email confirming your purchase.
- You will receive your e-tickets via email within 3 hours from the time of the booking. You can access your tickets by clicking on the link available on the email.
- If you book tickets more than 14 days in advance, you will receive the tickets 14 days prior to the show date.
- The ticket can be presented digitally along with a valid photo ID at the entrance on the day of your visit.
- Please note most of the theatres do not allow entry post the show start time and we recommend you reach the venue 10-15 minutes early.