Skip the Line: Versailles Palace & Gardens Guided Tour from Paris
Travel to the sumptuous Palace of Versailles in a luxurious air-conditioned tour bus or with cost-effective train tickets from the city center and explore this magnificent World Heritage site at your own pace with an expert guide! Stroll through the lush palace gardens after your tour of the interiors and admire the wide array of fountains, statues, and exotic flower beds.
- Gain exclusive skip-the-line access to the palace and explore various intriguing parts of the palace such as the Hall of Mirrors, the Royal Apartments, the Coronation Room, and the Royal Gardens designed by the renowned André Le Nôtre.
- Learn more about the palace and its history on this tour with a professional English or Spanish speaking guide, depending on the option chosen.
- A luxurious, air-conditioned coach will take you to Versailles and back or you can choose to take a train to make the journey back and forth, as per your convenience.
- Tickets to the Hall of Mirrors and the Royal Apartments are included in the package, however, access to the gardens is not included.
Skip the Long Lines and Begin Exploring the Palace Immediately
With this ticket, you can skip the long lines and dive right into exploring the opulent palace halls and rooms as soon as you reach your destination. Deemed a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Palace of Versailles received a whopping 7,700,000 tourists in 2017, making it one of the most visited sites in Paris alongside the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower. The palace has spacious hallways with several beautiful and intricate sculptures lining the walls. Your audio guide will help you understand the significance of many of these artefacts as you explore the monument.
Admire Some of the Most Lavish Areas of the Palace
The King’s Grand Apartment, the Queen’s Grand Apartment, and the Coronation Room are some of the palace’s most gorgeous areas to visit. The Apartment of the King consists of seven interconnected salons, each dedicated to a classical Roman or Greek deity. The salons house some of the most amazing paintings from the Renaissance era, such as the painting of Mercury in his Chariot by Jean Baptiste de Champaigne in the Salon of Mercury, and the Meal at the House of Simon the Pharisee by Paolo Veronese in the Salon of Hercules. You will also have time to explore the famous Hall of Mirrors, a vast hall where guests were received and entertained.
Stroll through the Royal Gardens after your Palace Tour
Designed by André Le Nôtre under the aegis of Louis XIV, the garden in the Versailles Palace is home to over 200 statues, innumerable fountains, sprawling flower beds, and serene ponds. It is an excellent place to relax after your tour of the palace interiors. The garden comes alive with activity in the summer months when various events such as the Grandes Eaux are organized.
At the end of this tour, you would have explored and learnt about one of Paris’ grandest palaces. You can get back on the tour bus once you are done looking around and head back to the drop-off point in a comfortable coach.
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Palace of Versailles
- Entry tickets for the Royal Apartments and the Hall of Mirrors.
- Round trip transfers from Paris by air-conditioned coach or train.
- Expert Guide for the Palace of Versailles in English or Spanish.
- Exclusive Headout Versailles Palace Visitor's Guide
- Hotel transfers.
Know Before You Go
The tour runs on all days of the week except Monday. The tour is scheduled at 8:45 AM and 2:00 PM on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
On Thursday and Sunday, the tour runs at 8:45 AM only.
Please check the calendar before booking your tickets.
The duration of the tour is approximately 4 hours.
Make your way to the Paris CityVision Agency on 2 rue des Pyramides, 15 minutes before the tour departs.
By Bus: The closest bus stop is the Pyramides/Saint Honore stop, located on Rue Saint-Honoré.
Reduced Price Tickets
- Children below the age of three will be admitted free of cost.
- Children aged between 3 and 17 will be allowed to enter with a reduced ticket rate of 29 €.
You are advised to wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a lot of walking.
Those with reduced mobility might find it challenging to visit the palace. The palace, however, is wheelchair accessible to some extent.
Photography without flash is allowed inside the premises. Strollers are not allowed.
Strict Cancellation Policy
This experience cannot be canceled, amended or rescheduled.
Good service, good guides, only negative was it was too large of a group.
Fabio was an EXCELLENT tour guide. He was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about Versailles and answered all questions we had. He was very courteous and made sure we were able to see all of the things that were of importance. I would love to go on any other tour that Fabio leads.
Ordering was easy,sign in process went smoothly, staff on bus were friendly and helpful.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions
These tickets are valid for the date selected at the time of the booking.
PARISCity VISION , 2 Rue des Pyramides, Paris