Rotterdam Architecture Walking Tour
Explore the architectural haven of Rotterdam on a guided walking tour that celebrates the city’s experimental and controversial character.
- No other tour will grant you a fuller picture of Rotterdam’s rising skyline and significance.
- Marvel at the Depot’s curvy and mirrored facade made up of 6,609 square meters of glass.
- Be witness to a new standard of architectural design at Rotterdam Central Station.
- Visit the rooftops of Timmerhuis on weekends or that of Het Witte Huis on weekdays.
- See art and architecture in perfect harmony while exploring the oversized indoor Markthal.
- Count on your knowledgeable guide to narrate the city’s war-torn history, brick for brick.
- Get quirky pictures alongside Cube-Houses, each tilted at an abnormal angle of 55 degrees.
- Learn of the roles and contributions of established architecture firms like OMA and MVRDV.
- A small-group tour of no more than 10 people will ensure a socially distanced experience.
- Rotterdam architecture highlights walking tour
- Expert guide (English/Spanish)
- Entrance to Timmerhuis’ rooftop (weekends)
- Entrance to Het Witte Huis’ rooftop (weekdays)
- Entrance to Markthal and Depot Boijmans Van Beuningen
- 3 postcards (Timmerhuis, Markthal and De Rotterdam) by Rotterdam architectural photographer Ossip van Duivenbode
- 50% discounted entrance to Cube Houses
- Small-group tour of 10
- Entrance to Cube House is NOT included
- Food and drinks
política de cancelamento
política de cancelamento
Estes ingressos não podem ser cancelados ou alterados.
The Architecture Highlights walking tour in Rotterdam will give you a thorough sense of the big picture by delving into the details. Begin your tour on the rooftop of Het Witte Huis (on weekdays) and enjoy the city’s prominent skyline with unspoiled views over Markthal, the avant-garde Cube-Houses, the spectacular Erasmus bridge, Willems bridge, and De Rotterdam. Move on to Markthal, a sizeable feat of fun and functionality designed by MVRD. Admire the horseshoe-shaped arch and its stunning ceiling here before moving on to Grotekerkplein which was transformed into an urban park with trees and a public stage for dance and music.
See Rotterdam’s idea of a café and brasserie as you cross Dudok over on your way to Timmerhuis, an inner-city redevelopment project launched by renowned architectural firm OMA. It accommodates municipal services, offices, and residential units into one stellar pixellated steel-and-glass structure. On weekends, you will get the chance to visit its penthouse terrace which offers fantastic views of Markthal, Coolsingel boulevard, City Hall, and the city center.
The next leg of the journey includes historic and post-war monuments like the De post office and De Bijenkorf-warehouse. Cross Forum on your way to Schouwburgplein. At Kruiskadeplein you’ll get to see Groothandelsgebouw, Central Station and de Delftse Poort, followed by the remarkable Calypso, Pauluskerk and de Unie. See Sonneveld House and Het Nieuwe Instituut at Museumpark before arriving at the latest Depot Boijmans van Beuningen, a hot new piece of architecture by MVRDV, home to the world’s first public art depot. Learn all about its concept and construction, its reflecting panels creating the double-curved facade, and also about aviation engineering techniques needed to operate its huge entrance doors. Rest assured, this is a tour that will lay bare the audacity, ingenuity, and optimism required to experiment.
know before you go
know before you go
- A minimum of 4 participants is required for the tour to operate. If the tour is canceled, you will be informed 24 hours prior to the tour and receive a full refund.
- This tour is COVID-proof. It involves small groups with a maximum of 10 persons. Everybody maintains a 1.5m-distance and wears face masks.
- Rooftop visit Wittehuis is NOT accessible for wheelchair, stroller, or mobility scooters. Please contact us.
- There is a lot of walking involved. Wear comfortable shoes to cover long distances.
- Rooftop Het Witte Huis
- Discover Markthal
- Laurens Church
- Central Station
- De Unie
- Het Nieuwe Instituut
- Huis Sonneveld
- Depot Boijmans Van Beuningen
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your tour guide at Wijnhaven 3
- Address: 3011 WG Rotterdam, Netherlands
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Subway: The nearest subway station is 'Blaak,' which is located about 5 minutes away from the meeting point. Catch Line A, B, or C to get here.
- Bus: Take bus #32 or 47 to get to the 'Rotterdam, Willemswerf' bus stop, which is located 5 minutes away from the meeting point.
- Tram: #21 or 24 will take you to the 'Rotterdam, Station Blaak,' which is the nearest tram stop to the meeting point.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.