The Duomo Complex Guided Tour
Experience the heart of Florence’s historic center – the Baptistery and the Opera del Duomo Museum – with a licensed guide and skip-the-line access. With the same tickets used for the tour, you can visit the Cathedral on your own.
- Visit the magnificent Duomo Complex on this skip-the-line guided tour.
- After dusk, you’ll be able to witness the sun rays from the Duomo Square which illuminate the polychrome marble of the buildings.
- Don't miss the city's religious complex, which includes the Baptistery, Cathedral, and Giotto's Bell Tower.
- You will be able to see the spectacular "the Gate of Paradise" by Lorenzo Ghiberti, the Duomo, and S. Maria del Fiore with the help of the guide.
- Check out some of the most important buildings in Florence's historic center, including the Baptistery, the Cathedral Museum, and the exterior of Giotto's Bell Tower, during this guided tour.
- 1.5-hour tour of Baptistery and Opera del Duomo Museum with a licensed guide
- Headsets (if necessary)
- Tickets for the Baptistery and the Museum of Opera del Duomo (optional Bell Tower).
- Tickets to enter the Duomo Cathedral
- Meal inclusions
- Guided visit to the Duomo Cathedral
- Entrance and guided visit of the Brunelleschi's Dome
- Giotto's Bell Tower
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
The Duomo square offers a stunning view, especially at the end of the day when the sun's rays illuminate the polychrome marble of the buildings that form the religious complex. In fact, the chromatic homogeneity (green, white and red) beautifully harmonizes a stylistic variety. The differences in style can be understood by viewing the construction work that’s been in motion for about four centuries now. From the middle of the 11th century – when the work on the Baptistery started – until the middle of the 15th century when the dome of the Duomo was completed by Filippo Brunelleschi, its imposing size dominates the entire square.
Following a chronological order, your visit to the religious centre of Florence starts with the Baptistery. With your licensed guide, you’ll have the opportunity to admire the stunning interior Byzantine mosaics of the vault while viewing the exteriors of the masterpiece by Lorenzo Ghiberti – the east door of the Baptistery commonly called 'the Gate of Paradise'. The final part of the tour will take you to the Museum of Opera del Duomo where you’ll be able to appreciate up-close the incredibly artistic work of the religious complex including ‘La Pietà’ by Michelangelo amongst many others.
know before you go
- This tour is suitable for wheelchair users and is also pram/stroller accessible.
- This tour is suitable for children.
- Mon to Sat: 12pm
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- The meeting point is Piazza di San Giovanni, 1, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy, in front of the Old Gate of the Orphanage of Bigallo.
- The assistant will wait in Piazza San Giovanni 1, in front of the Old Gate of the Orphanage of Bigallo.
- He/she will wear a yellow vest written ACCORD.
- Address: Piazza di San Giovanni, 1, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy.
- The closest train station is Florence Piazzale Montelungo, which is a 17-minute walk from the meeting point.
- Buses Appennino Shuttle and Itabus will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout