Bucharest Communist Tour with a Visit to the Parliament Palace and Ceauşescu Mansion
- Learn about the rise and fall of Nicolae Ceaușescu and his influence upon Romania.
- Discover Romania's complex history from royalty to communism and eventually, democracy.
- Led by an expert English-speaking guide, you will get in-depth explanations and insider stories.
- Stroll through Old Town, and see the many architectural styles that coexist there.
- See the famed Palace of the Parliament, credited to Nicolae Ceaușescu.
- Make a pitstop at Revolution Square, the key point of the anti-communist revolution.
- Finish your tour at Ceaușescu's house to discover more about his life.
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the Palace of the Parliament and the House of Ceauşescu
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation in a modern vehicle
- Lunch (approx. €13/person)
- Entrance fees to monuments/sights other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Photography fees
política de cancelamento
política de cancelamento
Estes ingressos não podem ser cancelados ou alterados.
To say that the communist regime left a powerful mark on Romania is an understatement. The Romanian Communist Party came to power in 1944 and only relinquished it after the revolution in 1989. Still, traces of communism are clearly visible throughout the city. This tour will take you through the most striking remnants of Romanian communism, as well as the modern architecture of the city.
Start your city tour at 10:00 AM after the tour guide picks you up from your hotel. Your first stop is at the metro stations built starting in 1979. These underground terminals were painted in the party’s iconic colors of red, white, and grey. Continue onwards to the Old Town, famous for its different architectural styles that have awkwardly blended. When Nicolae Ceaușescu decided to build the Palace of the Parliament, Bucharest lost historical buildings by the size of Venice (in Italy). The next stop of your tour is at the Palace of the Parliament – the second largest administrative building and the heaviest in the world. Originally named the House of the Republic, it is the most spectacular project of Ceausescu. Your guide will give you the full taste of Ceaușescu's heritage with in-depth information.
Once you've heard about the rise of Ceaușescu, it is time to learn about his downfall and eventual death. To get a clearer picture, you will be heading to Revolution Square. The communist party had gathered factory workers in the square here for a meeting, but unfortunately for them, it was the very moment when the anti-communist revolution started in full force. The final landmark of your tour is at the Spring Palace (Primaverii Palace) – Ceaușescu's residential palace. The mansion was built in 1965, the year he came into power. After the fall of the communist regime, the Spring Palace was transformed into a museum. Your tour of Romanian communism will come to an end after your visit to the Spring Palace. Soon after, the tour guide will drop you back to your hotel.
know before you go
know before you go
- The minimum age to participate in this tour is 12 years.
- The museum is not wheelchair accessible.
- Photography is allowed.
- Wear warm clothing as temperatures can drop down to low levels here.
- Put on comfortable shoes, as there is a moderate amount of walking involved.
- Tour guide languages: English, Spanish, and French.
- Palace of the Parliament
- Revolution Square
- Piata Presei Libere
- The Ceausescu House
- A communist neighborhood
- 10:00 AM, from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Closed Dates: Monday's, as well as the dates between 20 December and 5 January.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the museum.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs to and from all hotels in Bucharest.
- While booking, please provide the name of your hotel.
- If your hotel is not in the pickup zone, you will be provided with the nearest pickup location.
- On the day of the tour, please arrive at your hotel lobby 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of your hotel.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.