Taronga Zoo & Whale Watching Cruise Combo
Combine two of Sydney’s most exciting experiences with this package. Board a rocket ferry from Sydney Harbour to visit the bushy hillside of Taronga Zoo, and discover exotic and native species as you treat your eyes to million-dollar views. Afterwards, embark on a journey out to sea and witness a remarkable spectacle on a whale-watching cruise.
- Hop aboard a ferry and witness a myriad of species at Taronga Zoo which offers unreal views of Sydney Harbour from its unique vantage point nestled in between a bushy hillside.
- The Sky Safari Cable Car experience included in the ticket will see you soar over great heights, giving you a stunning aerial view of the entire zoo.
- Behold the endemic life that dwells within the zoo from the nocturnal platypus habitat to the Asian elephant display - there are 350 different species both exotic and native to be discovered here.
- Embark on a whale-watching cruise and view these gentle and curious beasts under a whole new light. Spot humpbacks, orcas, southern right whales, and more!
- If you do not spot a whale, rare as that maybe, you can avail a whale guarantee that entitles you to another free cruise during the same season.
- Cruise to Taronga Zoo from Circular Quay and back
- Entry ticket to Taronga Zoo
- Sky Safari Cable Car
- Whale watching cruise
- Whale Guarantee
- Personal Expenses
This package is available between 18 May and 30 Oct 2019
Rocket Ferry to Taronga Zoo
From Circular Quay No.6 - 9:15 AM, 9:30 AM, and 10:05 AM
From Darling Harbour Pier 26 - 9:15 AM or 9:45 AM
Whale Watching Cruise
From Taronga Zoo Wharf - 1:40 PM
Reach Circular Quay at 4:15 PM
The whale watching cruise will go on for 2hr and 45min.
Reduced Price Tickets
Children aged 4 - 15 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets.
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 24 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
Experience a wild encounter at Taronga Zoo!
With over 350 different species, Taronga Zoo boasts of remarkable diversity. Nestled on the exquisite shores of Sydney Harbor, you’ll be surprised to discover the wild that thrives here. Taronga cares for many animals that are threatened, like the smallest surviving subspecies of Sumatran Tigers, a rare species of Sun Bears, and Regent Honeyeaters with their prettily patterned breasts. Apart from these, you will also find our closest living relatives, the Chimpanzees, cute and cuddly meerkats, giant Asian Elephants, Giraffes, wallabies, wombats, echidnas, and reptiles. Taronga Zoo is also home to native Australian species like the nocturnal Red Kangaroos and the sleepy Koala Bears. Don’t forget to meet Taronga’s newest residents, the Capybaras. Native to South America, these are the largest living rodents on earth.
Your ticket includes entry into the zoo along with the Sky Safari cable car experience. Board the cable car from the lower entrance of the zoo and get carried away to cloud nine as you soar over Taronga, up to its top plaza, after which you can walk crisscrossing your way down. As you zigzag your way along the paths amidst the animal enclosures, you will be treated with breathtaking views of Sydney Harbour; with boats bobbing about at Sydney Cove, the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House standing in stark contrast to the landscape, and the imposing Sydney Tower piercing the skyline.
Go Whale Watching!
Combine your experience with a whale-watching cruise that will see you out at sea, admiring these gentle and curious beasts as they put on a show for you. With Humpback sightings increasing over the years, this is the chance to witness a natural spectacle that is bound to leave a feel-good mark in your memory.
You will set sail through the entrance of Sydney Harbour on an ocean-going catamaran with open-air and all-weather lounge viewing. A selection of snacks and drinks will be available for purchase onboard. Spotters on the land will help direct the whale watching cruise while also ensuring approach distances are strictly adhered to. In addition to the Humpbacks and Orcas, you may also spot the Blue Whale, Fin Whale, Sperm Whale, False Killer Whale, Minke Whale, Pygmy Right and Southern Right Whales. Gather a deeper understanding of these wild creatures with expert commentary provided onboard by marine specialists with a passion for whale.
A whale sighting is typically guaranteed. However, if you don’t spot one along the length of the cruise, you can avail a Whale Guarantee which entitles you to another free cruise during the same season on a standby basis, subject to availability.
know before you go
know before you go
- Taronga Zoo Sky Safari cable car subject to closure due to weather and other operational requirements
- All travel must be completed on the same day.
- Valid for afternoon Whale Watching cruise only
- The Whale Guarantee applies when a whale is not sighted during your cruise. Cruise again in the same season for free on Standby Basis confirmed 24 hours prior, subject to availability.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the tickets on your mobile phone at the ticketing office in order to exchange them for physical tickets.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10 - 15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Your ticket redemption point is - Circular Quay Wharf No.6 at the Captain Cook ticketing office.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Captain Cook Cruises Circular Quay
- These Bus lines stop near Captain Cook Cruises: 343, 396, B1, L90.
- These Train lines stop near Captain Cook Cruises: T2, T8.
- These Ferry lines stop near Captain Cook Cruises: F1.
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen during purchase.