The Rattler Steam Train
Take a trip around Mary Valley in the famous Rattler Steam Train and enjoy the view of grazing cattle and charming villages!
- Hop on the Rattler Steam Train and enjoy the serene, delightful view across Mary Valley.
- Get a glimpse into the quaint villages and rural life in the countryside of Queensland.
- Settle down on the lush grass as you have a delicious picnic with your friends and family.
- Experience the restored vintage engines and carriages of the steam train and enjoy a unique, historic rail journey.
- Explore the history of the train line constructed in the 20th century and its significance to the Valley people.
- Depending on the ticket option you choose, travel to 3 fully-restored heritage stations - Gympie, Dagun and Amamoor.
- Access to the Rattler locomotive from Gympie to Amamoor
- Round-trip transfers
- A picnic on the grass
- Food and drinks
Deze tickets kunnen niet geannuleerd of verschoven worden.
Get ready for a historical experience traveling across Mary Valley in a train with a restored vintage steam engine and carriages. This experience will transport you back in time to the countryside, giving you a rare glimpse of the rural community around the Mary Valley region, behind the famous Sunshine Coast. You’ll set foot on the steam train with volunteers guiding you to your seats. While you marvel at the old-school carriages of the train, it will start its journey around the valley.
As you travel from Gympie to Amamoor, you will see grazing cattle in vast farms and charming villages along the way. The lush forest will be the perfect backdrop to your videos of the countryside. Once you arrive at Amamoor, you will get the chance to settle down and experience the fresh air of rural Queensland. You can set up a picnic and enjoy relaxing in the grass with your friends and family. Recharge here with food or play around and take in the scenic sights. After spending an exhilarating hour here, you will head back to Gympie. You can also visit the Rustic Rails Cafe once your train ride is over.
know before you go
The All Stations Train:
This activity is only available on Sundays.
- Time: 10am - 1:30pm
- Total: 3.5 hours
- 10am - 11am from Gympie to Amamoor
- 11:40am - 11:50am from Amamoor to Dagun
- 12:30pm - 1:30pm from Dagun to Gympie
The Classic Rattler:
This activity is only available on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Time: 9am - 2pm
- Time: 1:30pm - 4:30pm
- Total: 3 hours
- 9am - 10am from Gympie to Amamoor
- 11am - 12 noon from Amamoor to Gympie
- 1:30pm - 2:30pm from Gympie to Amamoor
- 3:30pm - 4:30pm from Amamoor to Gympie
The Rattler Tasting Train:
This activity is only available on Tuesdays.
- Time: 11am - 2pm
- The schedule is subject to change depending on traffic and weather conditions on your activity date
- Children aged 0-16 must be supervised by an accompanying adult.
- A limited number of toilets are available on-board in a few of the Rattler’s carriages. Toilets can also be found at the stations.
- Smoking is not permitted on the train, platforms, or under any roofed areas.
- Assistance dogs are the only animals permitted on the trains.
- This activity is stroller-friendly
- This activity is not wheelchair-accessible
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must carry a valid student ID.
Ticket Redemption Point
- You can redeem your tickets directly at Mary Valley Rattler Train Experience.
- Address: 10 Tozer Street, Gympie QLD, Australia.
- The redemption point is located near Sauers Produce & Garden Centre.
- To locate the redemption point on Google Maps, simply search for - 10 Tozer Street, Gympie QLD.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- The nearest bus stop is Mellor Street near Power Street (Hail n Ride).
- The stop is 4 minutes away from the redemption point.
- Buses #3 and #4 will get you there.
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout.