Krakow: Rynek Underground Museum Guided Tour
Walk into the unique archaeological-architectural preserve located under the Main Market Square of Krakow in the company of an expert guide. You will get a fascinating glimpse at the city’s medieval past at the underground museum.
- Watch the illusion of a lively medieval city created with the help of modern technology.
- Go 4 meters underground to the Dungeon Market Museum.
- Discover interesting artefacts including scales, coins, jewelry and even human remains.
- Delve into the city’s rich past along with your professional English-speaking guide.
- Enjoy the atmosphere of a bustling market square, complete with merchants talking and carts creaking.
- Professional, English-speaking guide
- Ticket to Rynek Underground Museum
- Food and drinks
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 24 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
Imagine the Main Market Square of Royal Cracow some 800 years ago - at one place there will be trade rows where rich Krakow merchants are selling precious goods from all across the globe, while the city authorities are striving strictly to maintain the order. Somewhere in the dungeons of the Town Hall the executioner will be torturing suspects, at other times people will crowd the streets to watch the King’s parade on the way to the Castle. Truly glorious times - but they are not completely lost! At the Main Market Square itself and even more so underneath it, you will be able to get a glimpse of this bygone time. You will feel as if you have slipped back into the Middle Ages, and will be better able to understand the life, joys and sorrows of the people back then.
First, you will tour the main square itself with your guide, learning about the events that took place, discovering artifacts and their purpose, and much more. Afterwards, you will head 4 metres underground to the Dungeon Market Museum. Did you know that this will bring you on the same level as the cobbled roads of 12-13th century Krakow? If you are wondering why on Earth were they built so low, don’t worry - you will find out this secret on your tour, along with many others.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
Until Aug 31, 2021
Daily except Tue at 10:30 AM and 2 PM
From Sept 1, 2021 to Oct 31, 2021
Daily except Tue at 10:30 AM and 3 PM
- This tour is wheelchair, pram/stroller accessible.
- Photography is allowed (no flash and tripods).
Infants aged 6 and under go free. Children aged 7 to 17, as well as students aged 18 to 26 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time to avoid delays.
- Meet your guide next to the entrance to Museum "Rynek Underground".
- The guide will be holding an "excursions.city" sign for easy recognition.
- The entrance to the museum is located in the Sukiennice on the Main Market Square from the side of St. Mary's Church.
- Address: Rynek Główny 1, 31-042 Kraków, Poland.
- Tram and bus stops around the Main Market Square include: Poczta Glowna, Plac Wszystkich Swietych, Teatr Bagatela, and Teatr Slowackiego.
- Tram lines #1, #3, #10, #24, #52, and buses #124, #152, #610 and more will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.