The Perth Mint: Tour and Gold Pour
Admire the world’s most treasured metals at the iconic Perth Mint!
- Make your way to Australia's largest operating gold mine and oldest operating mint.
- Experience the magic of gold, silver and platinum products before your very eyes.
- Discover how gold is heated to molten temperatures in the traditional fashion.
- Check out the largest coin ever made and the biggest natural nugget collection at the Gold Exhibition.
- Expert tour guide
Deze tickets kunnen niet geannuleerd of verschoven worden.
The Western Australian gold rush began with the first discovery of gold in the late 1890s. Experience this historic story for the search for gold at The Perth Mint Gold Exhibition. See the largest coin ever made - it weighs one tonne of pure gold and is valued at over AUD 50 million! Some other historic coins you will get to see include the first coin produced in Perth - an 1899 gold sovereign. There's also the first copper decimal coin made in Australia - a 1-cent piece dated 1966, apart from the two largest legal tender coins in the world - the 10-kilo Australian Lunar Gold and Silver Bullion Coins.
Admire the most dazzling display of natural gold nuggets, wafers, and crystals in Australia. This includes Newmont's Normandy Nugget, the second-largest gold nugget in existence - it weighs 25.5 kgs. Speaking of kilos, if you've ever wondered what your weight is worth in gold, you can step onto the Mint's special scales to find out! While you're at it, have your name or a quote engraved onto an aluminum, bronze, gold-plated, 99.99% pure gold, or 99.9% pure silver medallion. These cost upwards of AUD 17 and are ready to take away in minutes.
Marvel at how molten gold can be poured to form a solid gold bar. Interestingly, the 19th-century brick walls of the melting house here are literally embedded with gold dust, thanks to years of continuous refining. Before you leave, visit the retail store and shop from an exclusive range of giftware and souvenirs. Later, take time to relax and reflect in the serene surroundings of the inner courtyard café. Sip on a delicate Devonshire Tea in the alfresco dining area, which is circled by turn-of-the-century buildings and outlined with a stylized 19th-century miners’ campsite. All across the campsite, you will find true-to-size replicas of Australia’s most famous nuggets. Choose one of these model finds and take a photo with it as a souvenir.
know before you go
- Children under the age of 15 years must be accompanied by an adult.
Daily at 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, and 1:30 PM.
Infants aged 0-3 can go for free. Children aged 4-15, as well as families with 2 adults and 2 children, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at The Perth Mint.
- Address: 310 Hay St, East Perth WA 6004, Australia.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
The nearest bus stop is 'Goderich St Bennett Street Red Cat 28.' Catch the Red CAT bus to get here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.