Best of the MET Guided Tour
Discover over 2 million artworks from around the world spanning 5000 years housed in the largest museum in the United States.
- Explore the best of what the MET has to offer as you follow a specially-devised route with an expert art-inclined guide.
- Unlock the wonders of art and history in a small group tour of a maximum of 15 people.
- Admire the museum's priceless collection of sculptures, jewels, artifacts, paintings, and more.
- Enjoy access to the rooftop garden (between May to Oct) for breathtaking views over Central Park.
- If you are short on time, opt for the Met Express tour which will cover the best highlights of the museum in just 2 hours.
- Admission to the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Expert English-speaking guide
Je annuleert deze tickets tot 72 uur voor de belevenis begint en krijgt een volledige terugbetaling.
why you shouldn’t miss this
Established in 1870, the MET Museum is one of the world's most visited museums. With over 2 million works in its permanent collection, spread over 17 departments, there is something for everyone. It not only houses artworks, but also has costumes, musical instruments, weapons, and armor from across the globe, making it a must-see for those visiting New York!
Given that the MET is so vast, those pressed for time can see the highlights of the museum with our expert guide through our meticulously curated tour. You can choose between a two-hour and a three-hour tour, the latter of which shows you additional works.
At the incredible museum you will get to explore the wonders of Ancient Egypt as you step inside the Temple of Dendur, transported intact from the said country; visit an Ancient Roman bedroom that managed to survive the devastating destruction of Pompeii; admire French Expressionist art; marvel at the works of maestros such as Van Gogh, Rembrandt, Picasso and Vermeer; and much more. Along with these international masterpieces, you can also see famous American artworks like Sargent's 'Madame X' and the 'Washington Crossing the Delaware'. Your expert art historian guide will unlock his extensive knowledge and tell you stories behind each artwork you see.
Our tour ends with a bang, an ascent to the rooftop garden (May-Oct only, weather permitting), to enjoy one of our favorite views of New York City. You’ll gaze across the green of Central Park, framed by the city skyline. For other months, the tour will include extra artworks instead, ensuring you get to spend more time in the museum.
- Ancient Egyptian Galleries
- Temple of Dendur
- Tomb of Perneb
- Greek and Roman Galleries
- Auguste Rodin (Sculptures)
- Vincent van Gogh (Paintings)
- Picasso and Degas (Paintings)
- Claude Monet (Water Lilies)
- John Singer Sargent (Madame X))
- The Temple of Dendur
- 'Washington Crossing the Delaware'
- 'Madame X'
- Sculpture Gallery
- Ancient Pompeiian Room
- Met Rooftop (seasonal)
- Greek and Roman Statuary
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- Important: Effective August 30, 2021, proof of Covid-19 vaccination (over the age of 12) is required to enter The Met. Visitors over the age of 18 must also provide a valid photo ID matching the name on the vaccination record.
- Face coverings are required for all visitors aged 2 and older, even if you are vaccinated.
- If headsets are needed, they are disinfected at the beginning and end of your experience.
- You are advised to wash your hands regularly and carry a hand sanitzier.
- Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat: 11am
- Please note that all museums are closed on Thanksgiving Day, December 25, and January 1.
You will receive an email with your Best of the MET Guided Tour tickets in an email. No need to print. Skip the admissions line, and head in by showing your mobile voucher.
The nearest subway station to the MET is the 86th St station on the Green Line.