Sydney Opera Bar Dining with Opera House Tour
Wander through the Sydney Opera House on this guided tour and learn more about the architecture and design of this iconic Sydney Harbour landmark. Visit the various concert halls and theaters with your guide for an informative and entertaining tour of this cultural hotspot. Finally, enjoy a mouth-watering dinner at the Opera bar, including beer battered fish and chips, roasted beetroot salad, or Jack's Creek Black Angus rump, for the perfect ending to this grand tour.
- Visit the Sydney Opera House on this guided tour and learn more about this iconic Sydney landmark while you admire spectacular views of it.
- Your expert guide will give you an insider’s look at the Opera house and regale you with facts and anecdotes about the museum’s history, the goings-on backstage, and the lives and stories of the many performers.
- Walk on the same stage where brilliant artists such as Cate Blanchett, Luciano Pavarotti and Ella Fitzgerald once performed
- End your tour with a delicious dinner at the Opera bar, including beer battered fish and chips, roasted beetroot salad, or Jack's Creek Black Angus rump.
- Guided tour of the Opera House
- An expert, knowledgable guide
- 1 dish at Opera bar (beer battered fish and chips, roasted beetroot salad, or Jack's Creek Black Angus rump)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Other personal expenses
super flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
Witness the Magnificence of the Opera House
A visit to Sydney is incomplete without a trip to the iconic Sydney Opera House. With this guided tour, you can learn more about it while getting a glimpse at the inner workings of this beautiful landmark. The multi-venue performing arts center houses over 1,500 performances every year, attended by 1.2 million people. On this tour, you can learn about how these shows are organized and performed, as well as find out interesting facts and anecdotes from your guide about this UNESCO World Heritage Site and the many talented performers and artists who put their art on display here. You can also venture into various sections such as the Concert Hall, the Joan Sutherland Theatre, and the Drama Theatre.
You will get to walk onto the grand stage and get a glimpse at the performer’s viewpoint on the theater. Get exclusive behind-the-scenes snippets from your engaging and entertaining guide about the history of the building and the many goings-on backstage like what the Opera House staff do behind-the-scenes during performances, and how they go about the productions for each of them. Finally, you can end your tour with a sumptuous dinner at the Opera bar, while you look at the Sydney Harbour and skyline from your seat. The meal includes beer battered fish and chips, roasted beetroot salad, or Jack's Creek Black Angus rump. This tour is perfectly suited for any visitor to Sydney Opera House.
know before you go
- Please note that the menu is seasonal and subject to change.
- Children aged 0-15 must be accompanied by adults at all times.
- There are plenty of photo opportunities throughout the entire tour. Your tour guide will advise you whilst on tour if photographs are not to be taken inside any venues.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, the tour includes approximately 200 steps.
- No reservations are needed to dine at the Opera Bar. You can avail of your dinner before or after your tour anytime from 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM.
- Please note that you can only bring small handbags during this tour. They need to go through security checks and they must be stored in the cloakroom. Suitcases and large backpacks aren't allowed inside the Opera House. Arrive early to allow time for security screenings, and please leave your bags at home if possible
Timings and Availability
This guided tour can be 30 minutes or an hour long and takes place daily from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The tour departs every 15 or 30 minutes, and you must meet up with your guide at least 15 minutes before your starting time.
This tour isn't available on the following holidays: Good Friday and Christmas Day.
The timings for the various tours are as follows:
Japanese 30-minutes Guided Tour
Daily at 10 AM, 11 AM, 12 AM, 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM, 3:30 PM and 4:30 PM.
Mandarin 30-minutes Guided Tour
Daily, every 15 or 30 minutes from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Mandarin 1-hour Guided Tour
Daily at 9:30 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM, and 2:30 PM.
Korean 30-minutes Guided Tour
Daily at 10:15 AM, 11:15 AM, 12:15 PM, 1:45 PM, 2:45 PM, 3:45 PM, and 4:45 PM
English 1-hour Guided Tour
Daily, 9 AM, 10 AM, 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 12 PM, 1 PM, 1:30 PM, 2 PM, 3 PM, 3:30 PM, 4:30 PM, 5 PM.
There are no fixed timings for dining at the Opera Bar. You can avail of your dinner before or after your tour anytime from 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM.
Please be advised that the tour will be conducted in English, Japanese, Korean and Mandarin, depending on your preference.
- O’Connor Angus Rump - grain fed, 250g served with kipfler potato salad, watercress, café de Paris
- Beer Battered Fish - chips, tartare sauce, lemon
- Rigatoni - broccolini, stracciatella, olive, chilli – Vegetarian option
Since the tour will cover a fair amount of ground, we recommend you put on some comfortable shoes to walk with ease.
Unfortunately, this experience is not accessible by wheelchair.
i miei biglietti
How to Redeem Your Tickets
Your Sydney Opera House Tour with Dinner at Opera Bar mobile voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display your vouchers on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the Opera House to gain entry.
Welcome Center at the Sydney Opera House, (ground level)
Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
By Public Transport
Take Bus No. 333, 399, 890, L94, or X94, then get off at Circular Quay Stand E. Once you depart from your bus, walk straight for about 6 minutes to reach the Opera House. Alternatively, you can also catch a train to Circular Quay.
The Opera House is near the Circular Quay Pier. If you want to ride a ship to the Opera House, you can ride any of the ships docked at Wharf 1-5 and the Harbor Master Steps.