Penang Georgetown Local Food Trail with Wonderfood Museum
Revel in the distinctive aura of George Town with its enticing food culture and remarkable street art.
- Celebrate Malaysia’s diverse food culture by visiting the Wonderfood Museum.
- Encounter striking wrought-iron caricatures on your tour of this magnificent town.
- Learn about the town’s unique culture and heritage through its widely-admired street art.
- Experience the beauty of everyday life in George Town with a series of spectacular murals.
- Street Food Tasting
- Hotel transfers
Vous pouvez annuler ces billets jusqu’à 168 heures avant le début de l’expérience et bénéficiez d’un remboursement complet.
Spend your day exploring the vibrant George Town; the centre of Penang’s culinary and artistic expression. Feast your senses on tantalizing street food before heading to Malaysia’s first food museum. The Wonderfood Museum beckons food lovers to relish in its extravagant display of traditional Malaysian cuisine. The oversized food recreations of Malaysian, Indian, and Chinese delicacies are replicated using Japanese techniques and are guaranteed to blow your mind away. You can have fun posing alongside these giant food props as they offer plenty of amazing photo opportunities. Think of a quirky pose as you get ready to devour a bowl of laksa. Or gaze longingly at the spread of Nyonya Kuih for a picture-perfect shot. You are sure to work up an appetite just by watching the incredible display of cendol (sweet dish), char kway teow, ais kacang, and many others. And we don’t blame you!
Another highlight of George Town is its exemplary street art that has transformed the town’s drab-looking walls into a worthy canvas. The town has depicted its cultural heritage through a series of amusing, humorous, and cheeky wrought iron caricatures that are unmissable. In total, 52 pieces are installed across the streets and offer a refreshing way to learn about this place. If you ask us, searching for all these sculptures is an exciting pastime on its own. Additionally, the town’s urban landscape comes alive with a collection of eye-catching murals by artist Ernest Zacharevic. These creative works of art have wowed locals and tourists alike and are among the most popular tourist attractions here. Murals like Boy on a Bike, The Tree lady, An Indian Boatman, Teach You Hokkien, and numerous cat-themed paintings are bound to stop you in your tracks in amazement. You should also take time to check out Children on a Bicycle, a famous mural that has long been a hit among tourists.
know before you go
know before you go
- This tour takes place in English.
- Hotel pickup (8:30am to 8:15am)
- Start of the tour (9am)
- Dining at hawkers street and coffee shops (expense not included in the tour ticket)
- Visit to Wonderfood Museum
- Viewing of Street art
- Viewing Iron caricatures
- End of tour and hotel drop-off (1:30pm)
- Daily: 9 am
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly/shortly.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID during the pick-up.
- This ticket includes hotel pickups and drop-offs.
- In the next step of booking, please specify the name and address of your hotel.
- On the day of your tour, please report at your hotel lobby 10-15 min prior to your scheduled departure.
- If your hotel does not have a lobby, please wait at the entrance of the hotel.
- Your Headout host will be waiting for you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.