Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Tickets
Only a short drive from Hobart, the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary allows you to get behind-the-scenes glimpses of and close encounters with Tasmania’s wildlife.
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary is home to animals that are now extinct everywhere but in Tasmania.
- Say hello to friendly, free-ranging kangaroos and hand-feed them with a bag of kangaroo feed.
- Meet rare animals such as the Tasmanian devil, the Eastern quoll, and the shy Tasmanian bettong.
- Take advantage of full 45-min wildlife tours that take place every day.
- Catch Tassie devils eating snacks, and discover their quirky personalities.
- Learn also about some of the threats they face and the efforts to help protect them.
- There's also a chance you'll meet the wombat and koala, and pat them.
- Admission to the Sanctuary for the day
- Kangaroo food
- Access to the daily tours
- Transport to and from the Sanctuary
Vous pouvez annuler ces billets jusqu’à 48 heures avant le début de l’expérience et bénéficiez d’un remboursement complet.
When you visit Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, you are actually entering Tasmania’s largest 24/7 Wildlife Rescue Service. From koalas and kangaroos to Tasmanian devils, wombats, and quolls, this is a haven for recovering and orphaned animals of all shapes and sizes. The experience is bound to melt your heart as you get to have face-to-face, fun, and educational encounters with native Aussie wildlife. Needless to say, it is a big hit with the kids!
Many animals, including large mobs of free-ranging kangaroos, as well as species that are now going extinct in parts of Australia other than Tasmania, call the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary their home. Apart from exploring the sanctuary on your own, make use of the daily guided tours. There are four to choose from (10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 3:30 PM), each running for 45 minutes. The friendly keepers will offer you tons of fun information and stories about the animals.
know before you go
- Children aged 15yrs and under must be accompanied by a paying adult/guardian.
- These are walking tours, no other form of transport is provided. Make sure to wear flat, enclosed, comfortable shoes that you don't mind getting dirty.
- Ponchos are more practical than umbrellas and are usually available for purchase if required.
- Bring spare batteries for your camera.
- Prams and strollers cannot be taken into enclosures but are welcome on the pathways.
- Participants in wheelchairs will not be able to access the inside of enclosures.
- The sanctuary has a couple of steps that will require assistance from a companion. A wheelchair-friendly restroom is available.
- Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary is a smoke-free zone. Smoking is not permitted in the sanctuary.
- Guide dogs are not allowed inside the sanctuary.
- Guests wishing to take photographs during the encounter are not required to pay an additional fee. Please be aware that you might be photographed during experiences here, for media and marketing purposes. If you do not wish to be photographed, please inform the guide/staff.
- Flash photography is not permitted under the direction of the keeper.
- Any animal interactions are at the discretion of the staff and must be instigated by the animal.
- Every day from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- On 25 Dec, closing time is 4:00 PM
- Daily tours (included with entry) run at 10:00 AM, 11:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 3:30 PM.
Infants aged 0-2yrs go in for free. Children aged 3-15yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Address: 593 Briggs Rd, Brighton TAS 7030, Australia.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- Public transport to and from the Sanctuary is currently not readily available.
- If you have a GPS, you can enter "593 Briggs Road, Brighton, Tasmania, 7030" to generate accurate directions from your current location.
- Taxis to and from the Sanctuary are readily available and often appreciate the large fare.
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.