Mount Etna Tour – Trek to the Summit  | Headout
Embark on an exciting trekking tour to the top of Mount Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. Your ticket includes access to a cable car ride and a 4x4 bus trip, too!
- Explore the outcome of the most powerful eruption in recent years.
- Take in the magnificent view of the eruptive theater and the Calabrian Coast.
- Hop on a cable car and a 4x4 bus to ascend to 2900 mt to begin your trek to the Summit Craters.
- Connect with nature as you discover the volcano's history and descend to the 2002 craters.
- This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience to the top of the highest volcano in Europe.
- Alpine or Volcanological guide
- Protective helmet
- Entry to Mount Etna
- Bottled water
- Ticket to Funivia A/R + ticket to the bus 4x4 only one-way
- High trekking shoes
- Wind jacket
Vous pouvez annuler ces billets jusqu’à 24 heures avant le début de l’expérience et bénéficiez d’un remboursement complet.
Perhaps the most ambitious destination for trekkers is the summit craters of Mount Etna. Your departure will begin from “Rifugio Sapienza” qt. 1900 mt. (Etna South). Take the cable car and reach 2500 mt. From there hop on the 4x4 bus and get to 2900 mt. Begin your trek from here until you reach the Summit Craters at 3340 mt. Explore the lunar-looking lava fields that will lead you under the summit craters. Once you reach the summit of Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe, you will be able to admire the peculiarities that characterize the area. Enjoy a long pause near the craters, before descending in the direction of the 2002 craters. Then, head back in the direction of the cable car and go down in Rifugio Sapienza. Note: The price of the cable car needs to be paid in cash on the day of the experience.
know before you go
- The price of the cable car needs to be paid in cash on the day of the experience.
- The price refers exclusively to the guide service (cost of tickets for A/R River + 4x4 Bus € 50.00 per person is to be paid on the spot before departure).
- Recommended equipment: We advise a good pair of trekking shoes, an anti-wind and anti-rain jacket, a hat, telescopic sticks in order to help itself in the walk (only if you already have those), and in general dress appropriately to the various temperatures that are possible to find during the excursion.
- This tour is absolutely prohibited to those with heart problems and asthma.
- The excursion is subject to changes in case of volcanic activity and/or adverse weather conditions, so as not to compromise the safety of the participants.
Children aged 6-12 enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Your meeting point is near the cable-car of Funivia dell'Etna (ETNA SUD).
- Address: Località Cantoniera - Etna Sud, 95030 Nicolosi CT, Italy.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.