Sydney Opera House Architecture Tour
Learn about the history, and magic of Sydney Opera House on this guided tour of its architecture that takes you directly beneath its world-famous sails!
lo más destacado
- Walk beneath the sails and find out what makes the Sydney Opera House so amazing.
- Explore the history and architecture of the building with an expert guide.
- Take photographs from vantage points, and learn about how this engineering marvel was built.
- Expert guide
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Back in the 1950s, a Danish man, Jørn Utzon, created a sculpture on Sydney Harbour that changed the course of 20th-century architecture. When it was finally inaugurated in 1973, US architect Frank Gehry said it "changed the image of an entire country." The Sydney Opera House consists of three groups of interlocking vaulted ‘shells’ which house two main performance halls and a restaurant. These shell-like structures rest upon a vast platform and are surrounded by terrace areas that serve as pedestrian roads.
On this tour, you will get to learn how visionaries, architects, engineers, and artists came together to build this architectural and engineering masterpiece. It truly was at the cutting edge of what was possible at the time. Admire their work up close on this special tour around the Opera House every Saturday and Sunday at 10 AM. You might even see a rehearsal in action, or catch the crew working on a set!
know before you go
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- Visitors aged 16+ entering the building or attending the Opera House’s bars and restaurants are required to show they are fully vaccinated unless lawfully exempt.
- From 15 December 2021, all visitors aged 16+ entering the building have to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless medically exempt) until at least 31 January 2022.
- Under 16s not fully vaccinated must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult. Check-in processes will be in place for verifying proof of vaccination.
- QR code check-in: All guests must continue to check-in using the Service NSW QR code.
- Anyone aged 12+ is required to wear a mask at all times, including during the performance, unless medically exempt.
- It is highly recommended that children aged 11 and younger wear a mask at all times.
- Face masks are strongly recommended for anyone aged 12 years and over while inside the theatres and foyers, including during the tour.
- Sydney Opera House stages lots of live performances, so venues are subject to availability at the time of your tour. Please note the Concert Hall is currently closed as it is undergoing renewal works to improve theatre machinery, acoustics, and accessibility.
- Suitcases or large bags can't be stored, however, you can contact the nearest storage facility.
- Videoing is not allowed.
- There are plenty of photo opportunities - your tour guide will advise you if photos are not to be taken at any point.
Tours run on Sat at 10am.
Infants aged 0-5 can enter for free. Children aged 5-15, as well as students aged 16 and above with student cards, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at the Sydney Opera House.
- Address: Bennelong Point, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
- The Wilson car park is open and operating and patrons are encouraged to consider prepay parking options.
- Please consider using private transport options to minimize crowding on public transport. If you need to use public transport, follow the travel advice from Transport NSW including traveling outside peak times to avoid congestion and wearing a mask.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.