Tickets to Kenilworth Castle and Elizabethan Garden
Trace the footsteps of Queen Elizabeth I as you explore this medieval fortress-turned-Elizabethan palace!
lo más destacado
- Dating back 900 years, Kenilworth Castle traces its roots to the Norman kings of England.
- Find out how it served as a fortress and as a retreat for Elizabeth I during her tours of the country.
- Stop and admire the recreated Elizabethan gardens during your visit.
- Learn the story about Sir John Siddeley, the first Baron of Kenilworth, and his pioneering work in aviation and motoring.
- Entrance ticket to Kenilworth Castle and Elizabethan Garden
super flexible cancellation policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24 hours before the schedule.
Sprawled among fields and hedges on Kenilworth's outskirts, this spine-tingling ruin is one of England's most impressive castles. In 1266, it survived the longest siege in English history when Edward I's forces threw themselves at the battlements for six whole months. A few centuries down the line, in 1575, it became famous for a 19-day festivity where Robert Dudley, Earl of Leicester, entertained Queen Elizabeth I. Stroll through the massive red sandstone Norman keep and medieval great hall range, the favorite residence of Henry V and the early Tudor kings. Scale the heights of the tower that the earl built to woo the queen and step onto the viewing platforms to get a 'queen's eye view.' The Elizabethan garden has been recreated and offers a colorful depiction of the couple's romance.
Explore the onsite exhibition celebrating the life and achievements of John Davenport Siddeley, the car and aviation pioneer who bought the castle in his retirement. This will give you a chance to understand the glamor of early motoring. Explore the imposing Elizabethan gatehouse, and check out the exhibition that tells the royal love story of Queen Elizabeth I and the earl. The rooms are furnished as they were in the 1930s when the last caretaker moved out. Take the stairs of Leicester's Building and visualize the queen's private apartments in their heyday. Gaze out and admire views of the castle and countryside, just like Queen Elizabeth I would have done. Wander through the Elizabethan garden and see the dazzling 5.5-meter (18 foot) high marble fountain as well as the bejeweled aviary.
know before you go
COVID Safety Information
- Face coverings are now legally required in all our indoor public places, including our visitor centers, shops, on all on-site transport, and in our cafes except when you are eating or drinking (unless exempt).
- We’ll be carrying out extra cleaning, using screens and wearing face coverings, and making hand sanitiser available for everyone to use.
- You don’t need to have a COVID Pass to visit, but please don’t visit if you have symptoms of Covid-19, have tested positive, or if you’ve been asked to self-isolate.
- We’ll always follow the latest government guidance, and if anything changes we’ll update this page to let you know our plans.
Infants aged 0-4 can go for free. Children aged 5-17, students with NUS cards, seniors aged 65 and above, enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry valid photo IDs). Families can avail of 2 types of discounted tickets:
- One ticket valid for the entry of 2 adults and up to 3 children.
- One ticket valid for the entry of 1 adult and up to 3 children.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at Kenilworth Castle and Elizabethan Garden.
- Address: Castle Green, Kenilworth CV8 1NG, United Kingdom.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.