Melbourne to Great Ocean Road Tour
Explore Australia’s incredible coast drive - The Great Ocean Road, on a day tour covering numerous stunning sights along the way. Visit the seaside villages of Anglesea and Lorne, and the Cape Otway Lighthouse, offering splendid photo ops. Spot birds and koalas at the Otway National Park, before heading to Shipwreck Coast and gazing at the Twelve Apostles. This is a day trip you’ll never forget!
lo más destacado
- Witness the incredible coastal views and learn what makes the Surf Coast famous worldwide.
- Listen to stories at Memorial Arch that serves as a tribute to World War I servicemen who were instrumental in building the Great Ocean Road.
- Check out the laidback lifestyle offered by the coastal towns of Anglesea and Lorne.
- Spend ample time exploring Apollo Bay and its quaint coastal beauty. If you’re lucky enough, you can even spot southern right or humpback whales off the coast.
- Drive through the Great Otway National Park and watch birds and koalas in their natural habitat.
- Visit Cape Otway Lighthouse and feast your eyes on the unbeatable coastline views. You may want to ready your camera for this one!
- Learn the historical background of the brutal Shipwreck Coast on the beach at Loch Ard Gorge.
- Observe the renowned Twelve Apostles from the beach and let that gorgeous view sink into your memory.
- All entry tickets to parks
- Air-conditioned tour vehicle
- Tea / coffee / biscuits
- Courteous and informative tour guide
- Free Wi-Fi onboard
moderate cancellation policy
You may cancel this tour up to 48 hours in advance for a 50% refund.
Get Out of the City and Explore the Coastal Scenery
A Day Tour is the best way to experience some of the dazzling scenery that the state of Victoria has to offer. The Great Ocean Road will definitely throw plenty of visual surprises at you in the form of panoramic landscapes, rolling hills, and beautiful green pastures. Additionally, your tour guide will provide essential information about the history of each of the places you pass through or make a halt at, making the tour every bit memorable.
Discover Surf Coast and Shipwreck Coast, Their Landmarks, and Beautiful Blue Beaches
You’ll make a halt at the Memorial Arch which stands as a tribute to World War I returnees and listen to stories about its role in ending long periods of isolation for the area’s coastal communities. The tour also includes stops at the coastal towns of Anglesea, Lorne, and Apollo Bay - perfect examples portraying Australia’s low-key rural lifestyle. Otway National Park, a protected region of the state covering both hinterland and coastline areas, is also part of the tour. While there, you have the opportunity to walk amid trees, breathe in some fresh air, spot numerous avian species, koala bears, and more.
Visit the Cape Otway Lighthouse and enjoy breathtaking coastal vistas; take the meandering staircase all the way to the top and freeze the moment by capturing what you see on camera. You’ll also head to Loch Ard Gorge where you’ll learn about its brutal history in depth. The trip is incomplete without heading to see the Twelve Apostles, enormous limestone formations that can be seen from streetside lookout points as well as on the beach, in all its natural glory.
know before you go
- Please note you must arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time.
- During peak hours, Parks Victoria may close off Gibson Steps from time to time due to safety concerns posed by massive crowds.
- On rare occasions, this tour may operate in the reverse direction as well. Contact the operator to know more.
- Carry appropriate clothing for all weather conditions. Bring bathing suits for swimming (if time permits).
- Child rates apply for ages 0 to 15 years of age inclusive. Due to the duration of the tour, we do not advise taking children under the age of 4. No refunds will be issued on the day of travel for failure to declare infants. No prams or strollers are allowed.
- We are able to provide an infant seat (0-3 years) or a child booster seat (4-8 years) free of charge. Please note we have only a limited number available each day and they need to be pre-booked.
Only small carry-on bags allowed for 1-day tours.
The tour runs daily from 6.45 AM - 7.45 AM and returns to the starting point between 8 PM - 9 PM.
You can select your pick-up/drop-off location at the time of check-out.
How to Redeem Your Ticket
Your tickets will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the ticket to your tour guide along with a valid photo ID during pick-up.
You will be picked up/dropped off at the hotel/location selected during check-out.
This tour is valid for the date selected at the time of booking.