From Mexico City: Magical Town of Real del Monte
Soak in the magic outside of Mexico City on a guided day tour of Real del Monte and Huasca de Ocampo.
- Discover a lost piece of Britain in the magic miner town of Real del Monte
- Visit Panteón Inglés which reflects the symbols and burial customs of British graveyards
- Feel enticed as you uncover hidden treasures in Huasca de Ocampo
- Witness two waterfalls drift down cliff faces decorated with rare natural basalt columns
- See the beautiful 18th-century Hacienda San Miguel Regla, the most important in the region
- Your tour will be enriched with insightful commentary by a guide (English/Spanish)
- Tour of Real del Monte
- Bilingual guide
- Round-trip transfers from the meeting point
- Food and drinks
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 24 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Leave Mexico behind and get transported into a world of magical towns, as you begin the day with a visit to Real del Monte. With its architecture and heritage of silver mining and meat pasties, Real del Monte offers a wholesome slice of Cornwall, a region in the southwest of England. Dig out reminders of Real del Monte’s centuries-old connection with the UK as you wolf down delicious Cornish pasties, pulque and heavy cream bread, tamales, and other varieties of Hidalgo’s cuisine at your own expense. Afterward, head to the English Graveyard where you will witness fine examples of Victorian funerary architecture featuring Gothic monuments such as angels, wreaths, and broken columns. Enjoy free time around to shop and explore before continuing to Huasca de Ocampo.
The oldest of all ‘Magic Towns’ in Mexico, Huasca de Ocampo has a little bit of everything, from extraordinary landscapes and well-preserved historical landmarks to lip-smacking gastronomy and fine crafts displaying centuries-old legacy. Over here, you will visit one of the main attractions - the Basaltic Prisms. Formed millions of years ago, these giant and geometrically aligned columns of basalt decorate the walls of the impressive canyon of Santa Maria Regla. Move on to conclude the trip with a viewing of the first and most important mining hacienda in the region - Hacienda San Miguel Regla whose beauty lies in underground tunnels and labyrinths as used in the 18th century by Pedro Romero de Terreros who was then the wealthiest man in the Kingdom of Spain.
know before you go
Children aged 3 - 11 enjoy reduced prices on their tickets
English and Spanish
Every Fri: 7:50 AM onwards
- Wear comfortable shoes as there is moderate walking and irregular terrain involved
- Carry an umbrella during rainy seasons
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible
How to Redeem Your Ticket
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly after the purchase
- Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled time in order to avoid any delays
Check your mobile voucher for the exact details of the meeting point
The ticket is valid for the date and time selected during the booking