Guided Tour of Ruakuri Cave
Marvel at the captivating beauty of the magical Ruakari Cave with a remarkable spiral entrance and home to thousands of glowworms on this mystical guided tour!
- Ruakuri Cave is one of the few wheelchair and pushchair-accessible caves in the world!
- Venture down the dramatic spiral entrance leading to this unique solar-powered cave.
- Get up close & personal with magical glowworms adorning the walls of the cave.
- Learn about these glitter bugs from your expert tour guide and click incredible pictures of this surreal experience.
- Discover the mysteries of this natural wonder as you listen to the sounds of subterranean waterfalls.
- Admire the stunning limestone formations and beautiful crystal tapestries.
- 1.5-hour Guided Walking Tour
- Holdens Cavern
- The Drum Passage
- The Pretties
- The Ghost Passage
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 24 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
On this magical adventure, you will discover the spectacular Ruakuri Cave, powered by 100% renewable energy. What’s more, this dreamy experience is open for all with full wheelchair and pushchair access. You will walk down the illuminated spiral entrance to discover unique limestone formations formed over the years and enchanting crystal tapestries. Be sure to have your comfortable walking shoes on since the Ruakuri Cave is New Zealand's longest-guided underground walking tour!
The most ethereal part of the tour is when you will come across the magnificent glowworms in a spectacular display. You’ll learn about these beautiful bio-luminescent creatures and the fascinating history of the cave from your tour guide. You can take your cameras out and capture the magical moment with thousands of glowworms decorating the cave like a starry night. Also, hear the thunder and burbles of distant subterranean waterfalls as you explore the underground natural wonder.
know before you go
know before you go
- Photography and video are permitted in selected areas of the cave.
- Facilities: Wheelchair Accessibility, Pram/Stroller Accessibility.
- It's recommended to wear a warm jacket along with comfortable shoes as this experience involves a fair amount of walking.
- Daily: 10am onwards (last tour at 3:30pm)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled time of your visit to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Ruakuri Visitor Centre
- Address: 204, Tumutumu Road, Waitomo Caves 3985, New Zealand
- Take route 'New Zealand State Highway 37' and drive on Waitomo caves road.
- The closest bus stop is Waitomo Glowworm Caves and it is 2.8 km from the destination.