Guided Black Water Rafting in Waitomo
Dive into the underground river systems on the Black Labyrinth tour and swim under the gentle radiance of glowworms as you learn about the stories of the limestone caves and Maori culture.
- Experience a 3-hour guided cave tour of the limestone caves as you float under a sky of glowworms.
- Get to know fascinating facts about the Maori culture from an English-speaking guide sailing through the underground river system.
- Learn the basics of caving and gear up to weave your way around the rocks on an exhilarating journey.
- Get an adventure of a lifetime while traveling through the caves, jumping off waterfalls, and floating under the radiance of the glowworms.
- Dig into complimentary refreshments on board and take your time to admire the surreal beauty of the caves.
- Guided tour & rafting
- English-speaking guide
- Safety equipment (footwear, tubes, wetsuits, helmets, abseiling devices)
- Complimentary refreshments
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 24 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Join a tour of a lifetime with the Black Labyrinth Tour, designed for everyone seeking a little adventure. This 3-hour tour spends one hour underground in the company of the waves and the glowworms. Meet your English-speaking guide, and learn the basics to help you go caving smoothly. Before heading into the underground river system, get a feel of all the caving equipment needed. Grab your wetsuit, helmet, and footwear, and get a rundown on all the tubing skills you need to navigate.
Start Your Glowing Underwater Journey
Make your way into the cave, and weave around rocks to find yourself under a blanket of glowworms for a once-in-a-lifetime adventure amid nature. Your guide will also enrich you with local legends and folklore of the Maoris and how the limestone caves came into existence. Surrounded by the soft light of the glowworm, learn about their intriguing life cycle. Take your adventure to the next level as you jump off some waterfalls (that are not dangerously high) and munch on some complimentary snacks. Create memories of a lifetime on this enchanting underwater tour.
know before you go
know before you go
- Bring along your towel, shower gel, shampoo, and swimwear.
- No prior caving experience is required.
- Your guide will take photos of you on your tour that you can purchase at the end of the tour.
- Knowing how to swim is not a requirement, as you will have a floating tube and expert guides.
- This tour can accommodate a maximum of 11 people in 1 group.
- The tour will stand canceled if the minimum number of people required in a group is not met and you will be assigned another date for the tour.
- The experience is restricted for guests aged 12 and under.
- The experience is restricted for guests weighing less than 45kg.
- The experience is not accessible for wheelchair users, pram/stroller users, people with mobility issues, pregnant women, people with back and neck problems, and guests who don't have a moderate fitness level or are too small.
- Note that the following are not allowed on this tour: camera equipment, tripod, selfie sticks, and GoPros.
The timings are subject to change. Please check the calendar to see the timings on your intended day of visit.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 30 minutes before the scheduled time of your tour to avoid any delays.
- Meet your guide at Waitomo Homestead.
- Address: 584 State Highway 3, Waitomo Caves 3977, New Zealand.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Take route 'New Zealand State Highway 3' to reach the meeting point.