Darwin Royal Flying Doctor Service Entry Ticket
Experience, see, and learn about the history of the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia through the wonder of technology, as virtual reality and holograms bring history to life!
- Learn about the origins of the Royal Flying Doctor Service, founded by John Flynn.
- Discover the events that transpired on the day of the bombing of Darwin’s harbor.
- Experience history through state-of-the-art technology that utilizes virtual reality and holograms.
- Peek into the lives and activities of the numerous people employed by the RFDS.
- Explore a decommissioned RFDS Pilatus PC 12 aircraft, suspended from the ceiling.
- Admission ticket
- Earphone voice translation equipment
- Two virtual reality experiences
- Travel insurance
- Private consumption
Diese Tickets können nicht storniert oder verschoben werden.
Founded in the Northern Territory of Australia in 1939, the Royal Flying Doctor Service started off as an aeromedical operation. The second landmark occasion is the Bombing of Darwin in 1942. These two landmark incidents are captured at the location, with the aid of cutting-edge technology.
You will have a chance to see the Japanese attack on Darwin harbor with the aid of holograms, virtual reality, and projection windows. A decommissioned RFDS Pilatus PC 12 aircraft is present at the facility, completely equipped with the medical supplies as it was during World War 2. The plane is completely accessible to the public and offers an unforgettable experience to relive history. You can also catch sight of a life-sized replica Japanese aircraft suspended from the ceiling. You can discover the activities and roles of the various engineers, doctors, nurses, and pilots of the RFDS, and their day-to-day life during the height of the war.
know before you go
- Please note that the tour takes approximately 2 to 3 hours. Please wear comfortable shoes since there is a fair bit of walking.
- Daily: 9:30 AM to 5 PM. Last entry at 4 PM.
- On public holidays: 10 AM to 3 PM. Last entry at 2 PM.
- The tour is not available on Christmas Day and Good Friday.
- The tour is approximately 2 to 3 hours long.
Children aged 6-14yrs enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at the RFDS Darwin Tourist Facility.
- Address: 45 Stokes Hill Rd, Darwin City NT 0800, Australia.
Get Directions to the Ticket Redemption Point
This ticket is valid for the date selected during checkout.