Entry Ticket to Convento dos Capuchos with Optional Audio Guide
Visit the Convento dos Capuchos in Sintra and be stunned by the humble beauty of this centuries-old convent and its historical significance.
- Get absorbed in the austere charm of Sintra’s Convento dos Capuchos, a centuries-old convent of timeless natural beauty.
- The 18th-century Chapel of the Passion of Christ, the Cave of Friar Honorio, and the ornate porch paintings will stun you.
- Pay your respects at the Courtyard of the Crosses and admire the rustic beauty of the Corridor of the Cells and the Choir.
- Explore the infirmary atriums, the kitchen, the library, the quaint Garden House, the official Chapter House, and more.
- Visit the Hermitages in the Cloister and discover the Donkey Reserve that raises awareness about this friendly beast.
- Enhance your experience with an upgraded ticket and avail of an audio guide in English and Portuguese to discover this site in depth.
- Entry ticket to Convento dos Capuchos
- Audio guide in English and Portuguese
Diese Tickets können nicht storniert oder verschoben werden.
The centuries-old Convento dos Capuchos stands as the epitome of simplicity in contrast to the contemporary beauty of Sintra. The convent is located among sights of rocks and boulders with picturesque caves. Stand in reverence of the 3 rock-carved crosses in the Courtyard of the Crosses that signifies the Calvary where Christ was crucified. Explore the several points of interest dating back to the 16th century, and marvel at the walls of the porch adorned with elegant paintings. Admire the characteristic intricately designed white and blue tiles from the 18th century in the Chapel of the Passion of Christ. The quiet church in a rustic grotto and the Cave of Friar Honorio stand frozen in time and will transport you back to the past. The austere structure of the Corridor of the Cells that used to serve as the meditation center for the resident Friars will stun you.
Be mystified by the library, whose contents are still unknown as the books were auctioned off and dispersed centuries ago. Take a tour of the age-old facilities of the kitchen, the barn, infirmary atriums equipped with an Apothecary chamber, and more. Explore the meeting room called the Chapter House, the Cloister where the Friars practiced contemplation, and the enchanting Hermitages hidden in the green woods. Lastly, visit the Donkey Reserve that conducts activities and awareness programmes to make people cognizant of the importance of this friendly species.
know before you go
know before you go
- This experience is accessible for wheelchair users.
- Daily: 9am - 6pm (Last entry at 5pm)
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the attraction.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at Convent of the Capuchos.
- Address: Colares, Portugal.
Get Directions to the Redemption Point
- If you're driving to the attraction, from Cascais / Praia Do Guincho take EN 247 towards Colares. After the intersection to Cabo da Roca, at Pé da Serra, turn onto route EN 247-3 towards Convento dos Capuchos.