Sunrise Balloon Flight Over Melbourne
Take to the skies in this truly unforgettable experience of a sunrise hot air balloon flight in Melbourne!
- Feel the magic of soaring over Melbourne's changing landscapes at sunrise.
- Experience breathtaking views of the city's skyscrapers and landmarks in this tranquil journey.
- Make your experience even more memorable and upgrade to get breakfast included in your ticket.
- Please check your flight status here.
- ~1-hour balloon flight over/around Melbourne (depending on the wind direction)
- Discounted undercover parking rate at the Amora Hotel Riverwalk Melbourne and Pullman Melbourne On the Park up until 11am (parking fee at your own expense)
- The balloon flight company offers complimentary pickup from selected Melbourne CBD hotels but this must be pre-booked
- In-flight commentary provided by expert pilots
- Participation in the inflation and deflation process
- Complete flight and ground insurance
- Launch and land government fees in and around the city
- A flight certificate and postcard
- Breakfast (if selected)
- Drop-off services back to the hotel
- Professional photos
- Travel insurance
Sie können diese Tickets bis zu 336 Stunden vor Erlebnisbeginn stornieren, um eine vollständige Rückerstattung zu erhalten.
Your adventure begins before the city rises. Listen to the chirping of birds as the balloons are inflated. The heat of the flame is comforting and will draw you towards it. Step into the balloon and find yourself rising with the sun, looking down on the earth below you. From this height, admire the beauty of Melbourne. The breeze will take you past sparkling skyscrapers and you'll get to see the silhouette of the Yarra River zigzagging through parks and gardens. For an entire hour, it is just you, the sky, and the city of Melbourne. By the time the city starts waking up, you've already crossed something off your bucket list.
know before you go
- All passengers must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This will be checked upon booking and certificate proof will also be checked prior to your flight.
- Hot air ballooning is a weather-dependent activity which means the flight is not guaranteed to proceed every day. You MUST check your flight details the night before your flight (between 6 to 7pm) to find out if the flight is proceeding and the pickup time. Failure to do so may result in miscommunication and failure to fly, forfeiting your booking altogether. Please check your flight status here.
- Please note that the exact time and flight direction will vary depending on weather conditions. The flight will either be over the city or around the surrounds of the city.
- If you are not familiar with the area or traveling on a weekend or local public holidays /school holidays, please check your timetable or driving route beforehand, and allow extra traveling time for unexpected delays to ensure you do not miss your check-in.
- The minimum age to participate in this tour is 6 years old. Children between the ages of 6 and 12 years are welcome to fly accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Personal belongings taken on board are at your own risk.
- Smoking is not permitted on balloons.
- No flammable items or dangerous goods are allowed on board.
- Check with your medical practitioner if you have a pre-existing medical condition (including but not limited to being pregnant) that may be affected by the physical nature of hot air ballooning.
What to Bring
- Wear clothes suitable for hiking. It is an active morning in the outdoors, so do wear clothes that can get stained or dirty.
- Closed-toe, sturdy shoes are COMPULSORY. Do not wear high-heeled shoes, thongs/flip flops, or open-toe shoes.
- Warm socks. Your feet can get wet and cold in the early morning dew, you may like to bring a change of socks.
- Water bottle
- Hat and sunglasses (The burners radiate heat, wearing a hat is recommended)
- Layered clothing. The experience meets before sunrise so depending on the time of year and weather, it can be extremely cold. You can always take off your jumper/jacket in the basket if you need to. Generally, it will not be any colder in the air during the balloon flight than on the ground.
- Please note: The balloon burners sometimes drip water mixed with Carbon. We will not be responsible for clothing that is stained or damaged as a result of the adventure activity.
- The night before your flight (anytime after 6pm): You MUST check your flight details to find out if the flight is proceeding and the meeting time. For details, please refer to your booking confirmation letter for flight confirmation procedures.
- 1.5 hours before sunrise (time confirmed night before): Meet pilots and crew at designated time and venue; the Ballooning Company will drive all passengers to the launch site.
- Launch: Passengers can assist with the setup/ inflation of the balloon.
- Sunrise: Fly for approximately 1 hour.
- Land: Passengers can assist to pack up the balloon which is quite fun
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID.
- Please arrive at the ticket redemption point 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your experience to avoid any delays.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Show your ticket at the foyer of Pullman Melbourne On the Park.
- Address: 192 Wellington Parade, (corner Clarendon St) East Melbourne.
- The nearest tram stop is 11-Jolimont Station-MCG/Wellington Pde, which is a 2-minute walk to the ticket redemption point.
- Trams #48 and 75 will get you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.