Escorted Exclusive Skip The Line Tickets to Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel
Skip the ticketing lines at the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel by heading into the priority entrance with a dedicated escort before exploring the famous Raphael Rooms, Gallery of Maps, Michelangelo's frescoes, and much more historical art during your visit!
- Save your precious time by bypassing the winding ticket queue and head straight to the intriguing Vatican Museums and explore the Pigna Courtyard, Pius Clementino Museum, Chandelier’s Gallery, Tapestries Gallery, Raphael’s Rooms and many more!
- With these online fast-track tickets from Headout, you need not worry about the long winding queues and you will also be guaranteed access to an otherwise sold out attraction.
- You will also get the chance to marvel at the breathtaking murals of the adored Sistine Chapel and the famous Michelangelo’s The Final Judgement.
What to Expect
Once you meet your escort at the designated meeting point, you will take a short walk to the priority entrance to the Vatican Museums. Upon entering, you will be free to roam the Museum and Sistine Chapel at your own pace, learning as you go! The Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel boast of the finest artwork ever to be made. Made up of 54 galleries, the Vatican Museums house one of the largest, and also the most important, collections of Renaissance art in the world. Built in the 15th century, the Sistine Chapel's walls and ceilings are covered by some of the most astounding frescoes ever produced.
The 54th gallery of the Vatican Museums is the famed Sistine Chapel. Completed around 1483 the Sistine Chapel is arguably the most famous chapel in the world due to the artwork located within. View many of the most famous frescoes in the world, including the famous ceiling and The Final Judgement painted by Michelangelo. Not only does the Sistine Chapel hold some of the world's most precious works of art, but it is also still used for religious purposes such as the Papal Conclave - the process through which a new Pope is chosen.
Entry to St. Peter's Basilica is free but you will need to go through the security queue at the entrance. This self-guided tour will allow you to admire everything at your own pace, but feel free to rent out an audioguide at the venue which will provide you all the historical context and information you need to know!
- Fast track access to the Vatican Museums.
- Map of the Vatican Museums including information on the Sistine Chapel.
- Audio guide.
Know Before You Go
The Vatican Museums open to the public at 9 AM; this self-guided tour of the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel takes place on all days except Sundays at multiple time slots. You can stay inside for as long as you'd like till closing time, which is 6 PM.
Please note that entry to the museums is free on the last Sunday of each month.
For visitors with mobility impairments, the Vatican Museums offer free wheelchair hire from the cloakroom.
The closest station to the Vatican is the Cipro Metro Station. Line A of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes. Your meeting point, as well as the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, is a 5-minute walk from this metro station.
Please be dressed appropriately. Sleeveless blouses, miniskirts, shorts, and hats are not permitted. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
Moderate Cancellation Policy
These tickets can be canceled up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
- Your Escorted Exclusive Skip The Line Tickets to Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel voucher will be emailed to you shortly.
- Please display your voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID at the meeting point in exchange for your physical tickets. Please ensure that you arrive 5-10 minutes before the start time of your tour to check in.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
Please Note: This voucher will not be accepted at Vatican Museum directly.
- Meeting Point is - BOTTOM of the STAIRCASE near Gelataria Millenium ice cream shop, Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie, 2a, 00136 Roma RM, Italy.
- The staircase is located at the junction of Via Angelo Emo, Via Vittor Pisani and Via Candia and it runs up to join Viale Vaticano.
- Your host will be wearing a BLUE polo shirt/ jacket and holding a SIGN for easy recognition.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Gelataria Millenium ice cream shop, Piazza Santa Maria delle Grazie, Rome.
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Nearest metro station is Cipro, which is 5 minutes walk from Gelataria Millenium ice cream shop.
- Line A (Orange line) of the Rome Metro stops at this station every few minutes. It runs from the northwest to southeast, from Battistini to Anagnina.
- For more information on Public Transportation in Rome click here.
Note: You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund. Late arrivals and people who miss their tour will be considered a no-show. The tour reservations have strict timings. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again (subject to availability).