Werribee Open Range Zoo Entry Ticket
Visit the renowned Werribee Open Range Zoo located near Melbourne, and transport yourself to the African Savannah. With a ticket that is applicable for a period of 12 months, enjoy a great deal of flexibility in being given the freedom to choose your own date and timings. Revel in an unforgettable chance to see rhinos, lions, and cheetahs up close!
- Savour an unforgettable safari ride through Australia’s Werribee Open Range Zoo, and catch sight of some of the rarest animals in the world!
- Explore the savannah, in the middle of Australia and feel as if you are taking a safari through the wilderness of Africa.
- Get a chance to go right up to rhinos and lions while on the sightseeing bus, and see these majestic creatures up close!
- Catch sight of giraffes, leopards, hippos, zebras, waterbucks, ostrich, and a host of other animals that you would expect in the middle of Africa!
- A guide will accompany you during the safari and give you a great deal of insight into the region and the various animals seen.
- See wild animals in their natural habitat as they catch their prey right in front of your eyes.
What to Expect
Enjoy a visit to the Werribee Open Range Zoo
Located about 32 kilometres to the southwest of Melbourne, Werribee Open Range Zoo was opened in 1983 and is known for its numerous exhibits featuring animals rarely found in the wild in Australia. It spans an area of 560 acres and is home to wild African animals such as lions, zebra, rhinoceros, and hippopotamus.
Embark on an Adventurous Safari through Australia
The safari will take you through different geographical regions, and you can see the flora and fauna change through the tour. You will also get a chance to see a Serval Cat presentation, where you can see these agile creatures hunt their prey. There will be no fence or glass separating you, and you will feel as if you are right in on the action! Your guide will talk about the zoo, and how they manage to imitate the flora and fauna found in Africa. You will also learn about the various conservation schemes and efforts taken by the authorities to sustain the animals for the future. You will get a chance to see rhinoceros and lions up close, and the curious cats may even climb up the safari bus. There are several small lakes in the zoo where you will find hippos wallowing in the water as they attempt to escape the heat.
There is also a simulated African village within the zoo, with both entertaining and educational features. Numerous Australian animals can also be seen, such as kangaroos and emus. By the end of the safari, you will know a great deal about the wildlife of Australia and the efforts taken to preserve the rare wildlife present here.
- Guided bus tour
- Transport to and from Werribee Open Range Zoo
Know Before You Go
- Children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 16yrs receive free entry on weekends, Victorian public holidays, and Victorian Government school holidays
- Children under 3 are free every day
- Do not feed any of the animals with human food during the safari
- Follow the advice of the tour guide and drivers to avoid any mishaps or injury during the safari
- Daily from 9 AM- 5 PM
- Last admission at 3:30 PM
- Animal areas close at 4:30 PM
Strict Cancellation Policy
Cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled
How To Redeem Your Ticket
You will receive your Werribee Open Range Zoo Entry Ticket mobile voucher in your email shortly. Please display this voucher on your mobile device along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point.
Werribee Open Range Zoo, K Rd, Werribee South VIC 3030
Take a train from the Central Business District of Melbourne to Werribee station. Then take the bus 439 Werribee South all the way to the zoo.
The Werribee Open Range Zoo Entry Ticket is valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.