Loire Valley Castles: Chambord, Chenonceau, Nitray & Wine with Lunch Tour from Paris
Experience the wonders of the Chateau of Chambord and Chenonceau before proceeding to the privately-owned castle, Nitray, where you will enjoy a delightful wine-tasting session. These castles are majestic representations of the glorious era of the French Renaissance.
- Visit the same castle that inspired the Disney classic, ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- An expert English-speaking guide will regale you with fascinating stories about all that you see
- Try out a few superb red and white wines at the family-owned Nitray Castle
- Feast on a delicious three-course French meal where there will be more (unlimited) wine
- Admire the elegant stone carvings at Château de Chenonceau and walk around its beautiful gardens
Your tour will begin from Les Catacombes de Paris. Your guide will accompany you on the air-conditioned coach to the Château de Chambord. Once you see the castle, it will become instantly apparent that this place served as a major inspiration for ‘Beauty and the Beast’. The massive structure is a confluence of medieval architecture and classical French Renaissance architecture. The guide will tell you more about the history of the castle as you walk around the building. You’ll even get a chance to climb a staircase that was designed by the legendary Da Vinci. After the guide has taken you through most of the castle’s major attractions, you can take some time to explore the castle by yourself. Climb up to the roof for an incredible view of the surrounding area or stroll through the vast castle grounds which are home to wild deer.
The charming, 15th-century Château de Nitray will be your next destination, where family members, perhaps even the personable owner François, will be waiting to proudly give you a guided tasting of their wines. This privately-run castle that boasts a small family chapel, the legendary Nitray vineyard, and a charming rose garden. You'll enjoy a wide range of white and red and even a sweet dessert wine, with tasting notes from a real expert. There will be more wine (unlimited) when we sit down to lunch, a hearty three-course meal of traditional rural French dishes served by our hosts. After coffee and dessert, the owner will take you to the pigeon-house and you will have free time to explore the area at your own pace.
The Château de Chenonceau will be the final attraction you will visit on this tour. The castle is filled with elegant stone carvings, vaulted kitchens, and luxurious bedrooms that seem to be frozen in time. The beautiful bridge over the Cher River is also a spectacular sight. After wandering through the gardens outside the chateau, you will have two options. You can either partake in a second round of wine tasting in the Cave des Domes or continue touring the castle.
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Entrance ticket and reservation fee for all sites visited
- All transfers to and from Paris in an air-conditioned coach
- Lunch, including wine
- Hotel transfers
Know Before You Go
- Since there is plenty of walking involved, comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- The tour is not wheelchair accessible. Strollers or baby carriages cannot be taken on the tour
- Please note that lunch might take place at a different location depending on venue availability
Ages 3yrs and below go free. Ages 4-14yrs enjoy reduced pricing (carry a valid photo ID)
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
Get a full refund on canceling this ticket up to 24h before the schedule
- Your voucher will be emailed to you instantly
- Please display your mobile voucher along with a valid photo ID to your guide
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid student IDs
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays
- Meet your tour guide at Place Denfert Rochereau, outside the entrance to the Catacombs, (1 Avenue du Colonel Henri Rol-Tanguy, 75014 Paris, France)
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Catacombs of Paris
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- To arrive at the Catacombs by Metro please take Line 4 or Line 6 to the Denfert-Rochereau metro stop
- Exit using "Sortie 1" the entrance to the catacombs can be found directly across the street from this exit
This ticket is valid on the date and time selected during checkout