Empire State Building Skip the Line Tickets
Make your way to the Empire State Building Observatory and catch amazing 360-degree views of New York City from the 86th floor of this iconic building. A building that defined the essence of New York's architecture, the Empire State Building is one of the most recognizable buildings in the world and no true New York experience is complete without visiting this NYC icon.
- Access to the 86th Floor Observation Deck
- Art Deco Lobby
- High-power binoculars on 86th Floor
- Audio guide (app download)
- Free Wi-Fi in the building
strict cancellation policy
These tickets cannot be cancelled, amended or refunded.
- Skip the ticket queue and head straight to the security check.
- Take in panoramic views of NYC from the tallest open-air observatory and enjoy the surreal sights from the 86th Floor of the ESB.
- See the famous sights of NY all around you from this 360-degree viewpoint including the Brooklyn Bridge, Times Square, Statue of Liberty and more.
- Peer through the high-powered binoculars for a closer look at the street level.
- With your flexible tickets, visit the ESB Observatory anytime within one year from the date of purchase.
why visit the empire state building observatory
Your New York experience isn’t complete until you’ve witnessed the beauty of the city from the heights of the Empire State Building. Climb 1,050-ft into the sky for amazing views of the busy streets, the water bodies, and the New York skyline. You can witness the sunrise over Lady Liberty or witness a stunning sunset over Times Square. The Empire State Observatory is an iconic spot and has played host to many cinematic moments from movies such as King Kong, Sleepless in Seattle, etc. Relive these and bask in the stunning 360-degree views from the top.
what is an empire state building express pass?
There are 3 lines to get in to the Empire State Building:
- Security line, mandatory for all
- Ticket line
- Elevators to the observatory.
Express Pass holders do not need to stand in the ticketing line and gets priority at the other two lines.
Upon entering the building, you're greeted by the sight of the impressive chandelier in the lobby of the ground floor. You're then led to the uber-fast elevators that propel you to the glass-enclosed Pavilion on the 86th-floor. The 86th floor has the Empire State Observation Deck.
The Empire State Building ticket not only gives you access to the legendary New York landmark but it also allows you to soar 1,049 Ft (320 m) high and enjoy a magnificent 360-degree open-air view of New York City. It also gives you access to the new second-floor galleries immersing guests in a series of exhibits, taking you on an experiential journey from the building’s construction to its current place in pop culture. Explore their new Site in the 1920s, Construction, Opening Day, Modern Marvel, Otis Elevators, World’s Most Famous Building, King Kong and Celebrity Exhibits!
Your total experience of the Empire State Building is inclusive of an Audio Guide available in 8 languages through the 'Empire State Building Experience' App. Enjoy the recently restored Art Deco lobby and murals, and the 4 educational areas.
The Building Lobby: This recently restored Art Deco Historic Landmark Lobby features ceiling murals which pay homage to the mechanical age, planets and stars, all rendered as an assembly line of gears in 24-karat gold and aluminum leaf. On the wall in the Fifth Avenue lobby is one of the most famous images in New York City, a depiction of the building itself with beams of light radiating from the mast.
know before you go
- Until Oct 18, 2020 - 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Oct 19 to Nov 25 - 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Nov 26, 27, 28, 29 - 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Nov 30 to Dec 18 - 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Dec 19 to Jan 3, 2021 - 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM
Note: The last elevator goes up 45 minutes before closing time
- Please note that all guests must pass through security to access the Observatory.
- 102nd Floor Observatory: Upgrade available at the Observatory ticket office (2nd floor) or 86th-floor kiosk.
- The Empire State Building is wheelchair-accessible.
- Children under the age of six years do not have to purchase a ticket.
How To Redeem Tickets
You will receive an email with your Empire State Building Observatory voucher shortly. Please print the voucher. You can show that printed voucher to skip the ticket line and go directly to the security line.
Your ticket is valid for one-year from your date of purchase.