Day Trip from Florence to San Gimignano, Siena, Monteriggioni, Chianti with Wine Tasting & Lunch
Journey into the heart of the culturally rich region of Tuscany in Italy. Get an opportunity to taste four excellent wines in a beautiful winery across the rolling Chianti Hills. Explore magnificent locations in Siena like the Palazzo Pubblico, the Cathedral of Siena, Monteriggioni.
- Visit the picturesque hilltop village of San Gimignano on the road to Siena.
- Walkthrough the city of Siena with an experienced local guide who will tell you compelling facts about the city and its various attractions.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in a typical winery immersed in the Tuscan countryside
- Sample up to four different wines and balsamic vinegar in a winery.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss This
As Italy’s most-frequented province, there is little doubt that Siena is amongst the country’s most beautiful locations. Located in the Tuscany region, Siena is known primarily for its diverse range of historical monuments from the medieval period. Romanesque and Gothic monuments dot the landscape.
San Gimignano, famously known as the Town of Fine Towers, is one of the first attractions on the itinerary. With numerous churches like the Collegiate Church and the Church of Sant'agostino, this gorgeous walled town embodies the true essence of medieval Europe.
The Piazza del Campo is one of the most amazing medieval squares in the country. The Palio di Siena horse race is organized in this square twice a year annually. Monteriggioni is another medieval village that is no less beautiful than San Gimignano. The Chianti area, widely acclaimed for its fine wineries and delightful green hills, is the final stop on this tour.
Your tour will begin at the town of San Gimignano. You can take some pictures of the charming sights here and the skyline. You will have some free time to look around and have lunch in the afternoon. Your local guide will then take you to the Palazzo Pubblico in the Piazza del Campo square. You can enjoy a relaxing walk through the narrow medieval streets of Siena and marvel at the buildings all around you that seem to be frozen in a different era. You will then proceed to admire the magnificent Cathedral of Siena that was built all the way back in the 12th Century. This visit depends on the option you select at the time of booking.
The village of Monteriggioni is next on the itinerary. Bask in the rustic atmosphere of the small hamlet. End your tour with an exquisite Tuscan wine tasting session in a cozy winery close to the rolling hills of the Chianti region. You can sample four unique wines, balsamic vinegar and ‘zero food miles’ products, all of which are authentic Tuscan delicacies.
- Luxury coach transport
- Multilingual tour escort
- Professional local guide in Siena (optional)
- Siena Cathedral Guided Visit (if Cathedral option selected)
- Typical lunch with wine tastings
The tour begins at 8:30 AM and is available year-round on all days of the week.
This tour lasts for 11 hours.
Reduced Price Tickets
Under 3 years free. Discounted rates for children aged 4-12.
English, Spanish, Italian, German and French
- Semi Independent
This will include transfers, multilingual tour escort and a typical lunch.
- Guided Tour
This includes transfers, a guided visit of Siena and a typical lunch.
- Guided Tour + Entrance to Siena Cathedral
This includes transfers, a guided visit of Siena, the entrance to the Siena Cathedral and typical lunch.
Know Before You Go
- It is recommended that participants wear comfortable shoes.
- This tour has 2 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancellation, a refund will be provided or an alternative will be offered
- This tour does not operate on December 25th and January 1st.
Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 48 hours in advance for a full refund.
- You will receive an email confirmation along with your mobile voucher shortly.
- Please display this voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your host.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification.
- Meet your guide/bus at Piazzale Montelungo, Firenze FI, Italy.
- Your pick up point is next to the Caf Tour & Travel - Gray Line Yellow Street Sign.
- Landmark : Close to Le Voyage 2
To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Piazzale Montelungo or follow the Google Coordinates For Your Meeting Point
Getting To Piazzale Montelungo
- The nearest Bus Station is Fermata Autobus Piazza Monte Lungo Firenze (Stop ID : FI_161) . To know the buses that frequent this stop click here .
- The nearest Train Station is Firenze S.M.N. Station, an 8 minute walk (650m) from your meeting point.
- Late arrivals and people who miss their tour will be considered a no-show and will not be eligible for a refund
- These tour reservations have strict timings. If you are late, it will not be possible to join the group, unless you pay for the activity again (subject to availability).