Florence Half-Day Tour – Uffizi & Accademia Galleries with Florence Cathedral
With so much incredible art, history, and architecture, seeing all that Florence has to offer can be a challenge. We take the trouble out of your visit by covering the best parts of Florence in a single day with an expert, English-speaking guide to lead you around the city. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of the sights and stories that make Florence a must-see on any trip to Italy.
- Get a chance to visit all of the best sites in Florence in a single day.
- Savour immortal paintings and sculptures by the pioneers of the Italian Renaissance.
- See the symbol of Florence, the stunning Duomo from outside, with Brunelleschi’s dome and frescos by Vasari.
- Skip ticketing queues into the Accademia Gallery and gasp at artworks from around the world, including Michelangelo's masterpiece, David.
- After a lunch break, you'll head over to Uffizi- walk your way through the iconic works by famous Italian painters.
- The flawless English commentary of the local guide is sure to keep you enthralled by the beauty of Florence throughout the trip.
- Save money and hassle of booking individual tours with this combo tour.
- Guided walking tour with small tour group (25 guests or less)
- Skip the Line Entrance Ticket and reservation fees for the Accademia Gallery and the Uffizi Gallery (not guided)
- Visit the Cathedral (the Duomo) from outside
- English speaking guide
super-flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel up to 72 hours in advance for a full refund.
Although vast in its offerings, Florence is a compact city. Our full-day Florence tours include a walking tour of the historical center, covering all the must-see outdoor sights. We’ll admire the iconic Ponte Vecchio bridge where colorful jewelry stores line the cobbled street. We’ll visit the leather market and rub the nose of Il Porcellino for good luck. Your expert guide will lead you around Piazza Signoria where you’ll hear the stories behind the beautiful sculptures and see the place where Michelangelo'sDavid’ once stood.
We’ll also take some time to visit the crown jewel of Florence, Il Duomo, from outside. Known for its huge red dome (visible from all over the city), Florence Cathedral is a sight to behold. Your guide will tell you about Brunelleschi’s feat in creating such a marvel and the challenges he faced along the way. The entrance to the Duomo is free and you can visit independently if you wish, as the guide provided you with a full explanation of its inside and outside features.
The Accademia Gallery is our last stop for one of Florence’s many show-stoppers. Skip the long lines here with a pre-reserved entry time and prepare to be amazed. Housed in a bright open space beneath a roof that had to be raised to accommodate him, is Michelangelo’s great sculptural masterpiece, ‘David’. Before entering, your guide will help you admire him from every angle, explaining the techniques that Michelangelo used to make marble look as soft as butter. She will also take some time to explain his unfinished ‘Slaves’.
In keeping with our promise to see all of Florence in a day, we’ll take a break for lunch (not included) then regroup, energized for the final leg of our day. Skip the Line Access at the Uffizi Gallery saves us hours wasted in line to enter instantly. You can navigate independently through the iconic works by Giotto, Leonardo da Vinci, Botticelli, Perugino, Michelangelo, Titian, and Vasari to name just a few.
Whether you're stopping in Florence for a day, or plan to use it as a base from which to explore Tuscany, this tour will paint the perfect portrait of its unique art, architecture, and history, ensuring that you leave an aficionado of all of the above!
know before you go
- The Accademia and Uffizi Gallery are some of the most popular tourist destinations and sometimes delays can occur due to increased security measures or unexpectedly large crowds during holidays and festivities. As always, your guide will make sure any delays are minimized and that you get access as quickly as possible.
- Please note there will be approximately 3 hours of free time between the two tours.
COVID Safety Information
- Visitors with body temperatures above 37.5° C (= 99.5° F) are prohibited from entering (visitors' temperature needs to be taken at the entrance).
- The use of a mask covering both mouth and nose is mandatory during the stay in the museums.
- Maintaining social distancing (at least 2 meters from other guests) is a must.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Your voucher will be emailed to you shortly. Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide.
- If you have purchased reduced price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must show their valid Student IDs.
- Kindly ensure that you arrive 20 minutes before the start time of your tour to avoid any delays.
Please check your final voucher for the meeting point details and specific instructions.
The ticket is only valid for the scheduled date and time.
On Sundays and religious festivites, Duomo will not be opened for visitors. Please note that Duomo is closed in the late afternoon, although a detailed description will be given from the outside.