Admission Tickets to Wieliczka Salt Mine
Descend 135m deep into a fascinating world of underground chambers, saline lakes, chapels, and more at the UNESCO-listed Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Explore one of the world's oldest salt mines.
- Discover its secrets in the company of an expert guide.
- Learn about old mining tools, methods of salt extraction, and more.
- See beautiful statues and works of art carved in salt.
- Admission to Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Access to Tourist Route
- Expert guide (available in multiple languages)
- Booking fees
- Access to Miner's Route
- Access to Graduation Tower
strict cancellation policy
Cannot be canceled, amended, or rescheduled.
With 800 stairs, a descent of 135m underground, and around 3km of maze-like galleries steeped in secrets and legends, the ancient salt mine attracts millions of visitors across the globe. Join the excursion to discover beautiful chambers carved entirely out of salt, along with saline lakes, the likes of which cannot be found above the ground. See the unique St Kinga's Chapel, adorned with salt sculptures and reliefs which were crafted by the miners. Some beautiful, glowing crystal chandeliers add to the beauty of the place.
This excursion will also give you an interesting insight into the methods of salt extraction, the old tools and machines used for mining, and the means of transport used when the mine was operating from 13th century until the late 20th century.
know before you go
This ticket has the following options that you can choose from:
- Excursion in English
- Excursion in Polish
- Excursion in German
- Excursion in French
- Excursion in Italian
- Excursion in Spanish
COVID Safety Information
- All areas that customers frequently touch are sanitized.
- Guests may/may not be subject to temperature checks beforehand.
- All guests are recommended to bring along face masks for safety.
- It is recommended to maintain social distancing with other guests (2 meters apart).
- Regularly sanitize your hands. Sanitizers are available upon request.
- The excursion operates daily at frequent intervals, from 9am to 6pm.
- Please check the schedule to find out the starting times.
- The route includes around 800 stairs, 380 of which are at the start. So, make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes.
- As the temperature underground reaches 17–18°C, the best way to dress is in layers.
- The excursion is not wheelchair accessible. Some of the underground workings of the Tourist Route are adapted for people with limited mobility.
- Telecommunication signals will not reach you in the Mine. However, a designated place is available to use free WiFi and make phone calls.
- In exceptional cases, some of the chambers of the Tourist Route might be excluded from the excursion.
- Service animals/guide dogs are allowed.
- Photography is allowed.
Infants aged 0-4 go free. Children aged 5-17, students aged 18-25, seniors aged above 65, and families (2 adults + 2 children) enjoy reduced ticket pricing (carry a valid photo ID).
- You will receive an order confirmation within 15-30 minutes.
- Use this order confirmation to pick up the physical tickets at the ticket offices located on the premises of the Mine.
- Please note that you MUST redeem the order confirmation for actual tickets in order to enter the attraction.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start time of your excursion to avoid delays.
- If you have purchased reduced-price tickets, please carry your valid photo ID proof for verification. Students must carry a valid student ID.
Ticket Redemption Point
- Redeem your ticket at: Wieliczka Salt Mine.
- Address: Daniłowicza 10, 32-020 Wieliczka, Poland.
- The closest bus stop is Wieliczka Kopalnia Soli, a 2-minute walk from the attraction.
- Buses #224, S1 and J1 will bring you here.
This ticket is valid for the date and time selected during checkout.