Whales of Iceland Exhibition
Experience the majesty of whales on land at the Whales of Iceland exhibition, which features 23 life-size models and plenty of educational and interactive exhibits about these gentle giants.
- Admire the many cetacean exhibits at the exhibition and walk through the world of whales
- Learn about the whales’ lives and more while you listen to soothing whale sounds and immerse yourself in ambient underwater lighting
- Watch incredible underwater footage of the whales in the Fin Whale room, and find out about the threats facing marine mammals today
- Entry tickets to the Whales of Iceland exhibition
- Virtual Reality Experience
- Daily live-guided tours
- Audio-guide (available in 12+ languages)
- Free Wi-Fi
flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel this experience up to 72 hours for a full refund
what to expect
What if you could see whales on dry land? Find out what that’s like at the Whales of Iceland Exhibition in Reykjavik! Learn more about the whales that live in Faxaflói Bay and around Iceland during your visit, with 23 life-size, hand-painted whale models for your reference. Get an inkling of their size by touching and exploring each whale for yourself. Experience a sojourn through the world of these behemoths, with soothing whale songs, ambient underwater lighting and beach-like floors adding to your immersion.
The latest addition to Whales of Iceland is the Fin Whale Room. This room highlights the various threats that marine mammals face today, and features incredible underwater footage of whales throughout the day. A nature documentary called Sonic Sea plays daily at 11 AM and 3 PM in the room, and a daily live-guided tour is also available for free for all ticketholders at 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM.
Finish your visit to the exhibition with a freshly baked pastry and a cup of coffee in their Whale Cafe. You can also make a stop for a souvenir at the gift shop on the way out – this unique shop has a variety of souvenirs from local and international artists for you to peruse.
know before you go
- The borders are still closed for citizens from countries outside of the EU. Borders will open for everyone starting July 1st. Once passengers have arrived in Iceland they will have the choice to be tested for COVID-19 at the airport, or go into a 2 week self-quarantine. From June 15th-June 30th the COVID-19 testing will be free for all passengers. Starting July 1st, each test will cost 15.000 ISK. Children born in 2005 or later are exempt from the testing. Health certificates will no longer be accepted in lieu of testing.
- Before passengers arrive in Iceland they will be asked to fill out a pre-registration form, agreeing to follow rules related to infection control. They will also be asked, but not required, to download the tracking app Ranking C-19, which is being used to help trace transmission and spread of COVID-19. A COVID app is now available in the following languages: Icelandic, English, Polish, German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- We are continuing to keep a very close eye on the situation and we will update our set-up according to government health and safety updates.
- Before entering the exhibition you will receive an audio guide that will take you through each whale species, available in 12+ languages.
Timings and Availability
The exhibition is open daily all year round (except December 25th) from 10 AM to 5 PM.
This experience is wheelchair accessible.
Reduced Price Tickets
- Children aged 7-15 are eligible for reduced prices. Please select "Child" option on the last page.
- Infants aged 0-6 can enter for free
You will receive an email with your Whales of Iceland exhibition mobile voucher soon after purchase. No need to print. Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the ticket redemption point to gain entry.
Ticket Redemption Point
Whales of Iceland Exhibition, Fiskislóð 23-25, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland.
Bus no. 14 plies regularly to the Fiskislóð bus stop, which is a 5-minute walk from the meeting point
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen while booking.