Whale Watching Tour from Reykjavik with Optional Hotel Transfers
Go on a whale-watching cruise from Reykjavik and see minke whales, humpback whales, harbor porpoises and white-beaked dolphins, among the other teeming sea life that thrives in these waters.
- Follow the whales in their natural habitat on one of the largest whale-watching boats in Iceland
- Learn about the whales’ lives and more from the expert guides and friendly crew onboard the vessel
- Get up close and personal with the onboard display of whale teeth, bones, baleen, plankton nets, and a microscope, and find out all there is to know about these fascinating behemoths
- Expert guided & educational boat tour on a big and sturdy whale watching boat
- Guaranteed free ticket to try again in case of no sightings
- Warm floatable overalls provided for your comfort & safety – overalls also available in children’s sizes
- Wi-Fi, Café, and Souvenirs on board
- Hotel Transfers (Optional)
flexible cancellation policy
You may cancel this experience up to 72 hours for a full refund
The whale, nature’s gentle behemoths, is one of the most fascinating creatures to share the planet with us. How do you get so big by eating the smallest animals on the planet? What do their melancholic calls mean? Find out all this and more on this Whale Watching tour from Reykjavik. Experience the large variety of sea life that populates these waters, including minke whales, humpback whales, harbor porpoises and white-beaked dolphins among other whale species, as well as Iceland’s rich and variegated native birdlife. This tour focuses on comfort, unique experiences and personal service while making sure the environment is protected and respected in every way possible.
Set sail on one of the largest whale-watching boats in Iceland, the Andrea and enjoy extra comfort, fantastic interior, and seating areas, large outside viewing decks, a safe family-friendly environment, and a café & souvenir shop on-board. Learn more about the wildlife you spot from the expert guides and friendly crew on board, and discover how to spot whales out on the bay. You can also find out more about these leviathans from the on-board display of whale teeth, bones, baleen, plankton nets, and a microscope, making this a truly hands-on whale-watching classroom. Experience the call of the wild on this amazing cruise through the pristine waters off Iceland!
know before you go
- The borders are still closed for citizens from countries outside of the EU. Borders will open for everyone starting July 1st. Once passengers have arrived in Iceland they will have the choice to be tested for COVID-19 at the airport, or go into a 2 week self-quarantine. From June 15th-June 30th the COVID-19 testing will be free for all passengers. Starting July 1st, each test will cost 15.000 ISK. Children born in 2005 or later are exempt from the testing. Health certificates will no longer be accepted in lieu of testing.
- Before passengers arrive in Iceland they will be asked to fill out a pre-registration form, agreeing to follow rules related to infection control. They will also be asked, but not required, to download the tracking app Ranking C-19, which is being used to help trace transmission and spread of COVID-19. A COVID app is now available in the following languages: Icelandic, English, Polish, German, French, Spanish and Italian.
- We are continuing to keep a very close eye on the situation and we will update our set-up according to government health and safety updates.
- The tour is dependent on weather and sightings cannot be guaranteed.
- Weather and sea conditions can be unpredictable during the winter months. The captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort.
- Sometimes in the winter, you might sail from other harbors south of Reykjavik for better sea conditions, in which case transport will be provided for all passengers to and from Reykjavik. In this case, the tour might be slightly longer due to the extra drive.
Timings and Availability
- During Dec - Feb: The cruise runs daily at 1 PM
- During Mar - Apr: The cruise runs daily at 9 AM and 1 PM
- During May - Sep: The cruise runs daily at 9 AM, 1 PM and 5 PM
- During Oct - Nov: The cruise runs daily at 9 AM and 1 PM
- The duration of the cruise is 3-3.5 hours.
- Please arrive at the boarding point at least 30 minutes before your chosen departure time.
Reduced Price Tickets
- Children aged 7-15 are eligible for reduced prices. Please select the "Child" option on the last page.
- Infants aged 0-6 can enter for free
You will receive an email with your Whale Watching Cruise mobile voucher soon after purchase. No need to print. Please display the same along with a valid photo ID at the meeting point to gain entry.
Special Tours Ticket Office, located at Ægisgarður 13, 101 Reykjavík.
Bus no. 14 plies regularly to the Mýrargata bus stop, which is a 5-minute walk from the meeting point
These tickets are valid for the date and time chosen while booking.